New Position Eligibility In Lineup

Hiya,

Yesterday, Andrew Vaughn made his 5th start at OF, and therefore gained OF eligibility. I saw the OPL construction started him in OF yesterday, as he scored positive points. Normally, if Vaughn got OF yesterday, we couldn’t have started him at OF that game, only subsequent games, but is it expected that he can slot in to the lineup at his new position the day he gains eligibility? Just wanted to call it out, thanks!

Lineup yesterday:

1 Like

Yep, that is expected. New positional eligibility is added at 4am every day, and the system optimizes the previous day’s lineup up until a hour before the next day’s games. So Vaughn got OF around 4am ET and the system is continuing to optimize based on yesterday’s results and current position eligibility until 1pm ET today.

This system is in place in order to capture as many scoring adjustments as possible before the new day of games starts.

1 Like

Looking for confirmation because I can’t remember from last year.

If a player gains positional eligibility in the middle of a round, is it immediately reflected or does it not kick in until the following snapshot?

You can search the forums by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top right.

I typed in “OPL position eligibility” and found this thread.

The OPL rules state that “the best-ball algorithm will use current positional eligibility to place players in the lineup.” I just want to confirm that that means if a player adds positional eligibility in the midst of an OPL round, that new position will immediately become an option for the best ball algorithm. Or does the roster “snapshot” lock positional eligibility when it happens?

Here’s an earlier thread about this question.

Thank you!!

1 Like