Not paying fees

I ain’t paying no fees until this baseball prize situation gets settled. this whole thing seems super fishy!!!

1 Like

How does it seem fishy? I imagine you could create a Paydala account and get your prizes, this functionality seems like it is simply for those who paid on Paypal and don’t want to make an account.

The months of consistent updates, multiple extensions of the deadline, the track record of Ottoneu being on the up and up… what is giving you pause?

Nobody is claiming they have been stiffed that I have seen and I’m creeping on here almost daily.

1 Like

You don’t have to pay baseball renewals until January 31. Other sports are on their own independent cycles. Baseball prizes will be in everyone’s bank accounts well before January 31, and hopefully quite soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates, Niv. I trust that all issues will be resolved before the January 31st deadline. I can understand some folks concern, however, as we have been told since late May that “payment problems will be resolved soon.”

As long as we get baseball winnings before the January 31st deadline to renew baseball, I really don’t understand the complaints. There’s zero chance that Niv is going to abscond with the money, if that’s what you’re worried about.

A few years ago I forgot to transfer my baseball winnings from my Paypal account to checking account. So it was a lovely surprise when I found several hundred bucks nearly a year later. I figure if I can get over myself delaying my payout by nearly a year, then I can certainly be patient as Niv figures stuff out to get us paid a few months later-than-expected for reasons totally out of his control.

3 Likes

Not really sure what else to say, I have been actively working on this for 6 months and thought it would be resolved multiple times between May and now. I’ve had calls with lawyers or vendors almost every day trying to resolve this for all my customers and make sure my business can continue. Turns out there were more twists than I expected. I apologize for not completely seeing the future, I guess?

4 Likes

Did Paydala provide a project schedule with testing and rollout deadlines when Ottoneu contracted with them to be the new payment processor? If they did, have they been missing their internal deadlines which is causing rollout delays? If they didn’t…are they just flying by the seat of their pants?

I honestly don’t know how helpful or accurate it is to call out Paydala at this time for any delays.

Niv has said that they were the only vendor who was willing to come up with a custom solution for Ottoneu and that they have been very responsive to the needs of his company. Everyone is working as quickly as they can but there are obviously a lot of moving parts to coordinate. And there’s obviously a lot of stuff that is outside of Niv or Paydala’s direct control. We’ll get our winnings eventually. Until then, enjoy the off-season or basketball and/or football leagues if you play those sports.

Until then, I don’t know what’s accomplished by complaining to or about Niv. The dude’s doing the best he can after getting dealt a shit hand from the former payments processor. Head on over to slack and join our conversation about nonlinear value curves if you’re looking to kill time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not my intention to call out anyone. Not sure why questions regarding the new payment processor seem to be constantly met with hostility, condescension, and locked threads. Paying customers are concerned about how their money is being handled and how that process is being developed…a process that has been in limbo for the better part of six months now.

It seems like quite a few deadlines have been missed. If that is a Paydala issue, that obviously raises some concern. If it’s an Ottoneu issue, it raises more concern. As an example, we were told that we would be able to make league payments on the night of August 24th or the morning of August 25th. That functionality wasn’t available until mid October. Outside of that we have only heard that certain functions would be available “soon”, “this week”, and “within the next week”. Testing for prize distribution was set to begin this week but it looks like that has been pushed to next week. It seems like this pattern keeps repeating.

Obviously I’m not owed any sort of explanation regarding project schedules and deliverables, but as a paying customer I shouldn’t be patronized for asking about them…nor should any other Ottoneuers.

Some may blindly trust how others manage their money, but many do not.

You start off your post by saying that you don’t want to call anyone out. And then you do exactly that in your second paragraph. :slight_smile:

Also, there’s no absolutely hostility coming from me. It’s just become a tiresome topic of conversation here because it’s all been discussed before. Literally, we have the same or similar conversation here at least twice a month over the past several months. The facts haven’t changed much in this time, and when they have Niv has been transparent by posting updates in the other announcements thread.

Everyone’s frustrated with the situation. It sucks. But trying to apply public pressure or whatever the heck the other poster thinks he’s trying to do isn’t going to accomplish anything. Niv is obviously very aware of the stakes here and is trying his best to navigate through this mess.

1 Like

If wondering why deadlines are being missed or keep being pushed is “calling someone out” then so be it.

Looking back, we were told on October 25th that testing for prize withdrawals would “begin next week”. One month later we are still being told that testing will begin next week. The same was true for the league payment functionality, not including the post rollout issues regarding payments from abroad.

Sure, maybe OP’s comment wasn’t productive but none of the questions I have asked have been raised previously. All of which I think are fair questions regarding a relatively new and unknown company in Paydala. Maybe they have and I have missed them? It’s hard to piece through all the information when threads keep getting split, locked, or removed and users are dissuaded from asking questions on the community forums.

1 Like

Amen!!

Can anyone provide information regarding Paydala’s portfolio? I’m curious to see a list of clients they have worked with.

A quick Google search doesn’t provide too much information…just their website which is pretty minimal, their LinkedIn profile which shows they have 11 employees, only 5 of whom have public profiles (mainly executives), and then a couple of links to Ottoneu forums regarding concerns about personal information which I understand has been resolved.

1 Like

I’ve done extensive research on this as well. This company has no presence. Not sure why we should be expected to use this company when many other established payment processors for sites like these are available.

I’ve also had an in depth conversation with the owners of NFC. Who bring in millions of entry fees. Every year they have to verify specific info with PayPal and have zero issues. Site is strictly fantasy just like ON. Further more, if they dumped ON for another reason, Pay Pal does not freeze assets or $$$. Unless the money is missing we should have been paid out for the 2023 season via PayPal. Which could be the case as the owner stated he has been at a financial loss since May of 2023.

The owner of Ottoneu being continually defensive and chippy with paying customers is quite concerning and now we are expected to use a “start up” financial company? Start up being a generous term.

PayPal does not freeze money. We should have been paid out. So where has this money gone?

I don’t think anyone is expecting you to do anything. We are all here by choice.

Personally I would rather risk a few bucks to make sure ottoneu keeps going. To those who are overly worried about payouts, I’d suggest saving your money and avoid spending it on hobbies like fantasy baseball. Niv I hope you figure this all out and keep the lights on!

2 Likes

Here by choice. Correct. Here by choice and paying for a service with a contractual obligation to be paid out winnings. Also correct.

Hobby. Correct. A hobby using $$$ on it with an expected payout like on any fantasy site whether it be season long or DFS. Also correct.

With all due respect you are mixing apples and oranges here. I was addressing your comment “why we should be expected to use this company.” I don’t think anyone is “expecting” you to use Paydala. Rather, you, like the rest of us, have the choice to use Paydala or not use Paydala and not participate. Pick one and let the rest of us do the same. My only point.

2 Likes

I’m no legal expert, but I find it hard to believe NFC is a “strictly fantasy” enterprise given all of the restrictions that apply to its users (FAQ NFBC - NFBC | High Stakes Fantasy Baseball).

It’s understandably difficult for Niv to discuss all of the details of his talks with PayPal and to address every concern in a forum when new posts come up and branch out, and in my opinion he’s tried to make things less confusing by keeping us updated and offering to address each question individually. He’s not skirting any responsibilities towards his customers.

More importantly, I think when we start throwing accusations around, we are losing sight of the type of operation Ottoneu is. Do the rough math, think of how many leagues there are and how much work Niv has to put into this so we can have the best fantasy platform around and this great community that surrounds it. I’m sure he could have as succesful if not more of career anywhere else if he wanted to, but I selfishly hope he keeps this going as long as possible.

7 Likes