Ottoneu Average Salaries for FGPTS Leagues

Hopefully as a resource for those new to @Ottoneu101, I’ve put together a list of Average Salaries of all players in Ottoneu for the FGPTS scoring format. There are several ways to use this information:

• The file includes 2017 eligible positions for all players, so if you only need a reference for where a player is eligible, you should be able to access this information here.

• The file shows the Average Salary for each player as of November 20th, 2016, which is post-arbitration. In other words, this is the average salary at which each player is owned across all FGPTS leagues in Ottoneu. You can actually use this link to access the Average salaries for all players in each of the other scoring formats, but I’m just posting FGPTS for the easiest example.

• Averages can be dangerous, so keep in mind these dollar values do not necessarily represent what each player is truly “worth” in your league, or what their will auction for this spring (2017). However, they do represent at least some idea of how values differ between similar players (say Mike Trout vs. Matt Kemp), between positions, and between production levels (both total raw points and P/G). The idea here is to get a sense of the range of values, not the absolute values shown.

• Also included are the 3 Year production averages (both stats and points) for all players by position. These are not projections, so it only represents one possible data point that will form “value” for 2017 players. Projections (Steamer, Zips, Depth Charts, etc.) will differ in both production, points per game, and playing time (a big factor).

• Just for comparison, I’ve extrapolated Points Per Game (“P/G”) over 162 games for hitters and Points Per Inning Pitched (“P/IP”) for Starters (200) and Relievers (65) so you can get an idea of what a full season of raw points might look like by player.

• Raw points matter, but the “per Game” and “per Inning” production is equally important to creating dollar values for players because Ottoneu rosters are deep enough that it is common to platoon and matchup hitters and pitchers to maximize production. As an example, Rich Hill might be projected for 5.50 P/IP over 150 IP (very very good), and you could then throw a replacement level SP for another 50 IP (think per “slot”, of which you have 5 SP slots) at 4.25 P/IP (example) and average 5.19 P/IP over the full 200 innings (very good).

• To provide further value context, I’ve included tabs for @eamuscatuli 2016 season ending values (not gospel, but a good reference).

• Young players with limited MLB experience (Trea Turner, or Lucas Giolito) will have skewed P/G or P/IP values since these represent averages over a small sample (one year or less).

Feel free to download and make a copy of the file and ask any questions on this thread. Hopefully this provides new/prospective Ottoneu owners with at least some context (and one data input) for how values compare across players, positions, etc.

Use this link to access the file.

4 Likes

@LuckyStrikes. Thank you very much for the work you do. Those resources were exactly what I needed and some. You are a Yuge help to someone who has limited computer knowledge, such as myself.