Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball will be live for the 2021-22 season

The answer is finally YES. I hope to have sign-ups and drafts available starting on Labor Day for the NBA season starting October 19, 2021.

We have secured D1, D2, D3 and NAIA college players, G-League players, and a full list of NBA players for our player universe, and I expect to be able to add top Euroleague NBA prospects as well.

The game will be H2H in the first year, planning for both points and categories. There will be a couple of options for lineup positions. There will be position-specific game caps on a per-matchup basis.

Expect something along the lines of a 25-man roster and $400 cap.

More details and an official rules page to come soon, but I was too excited to hold this in any longer. Thank you to everyone who poked and prodded for basketball, you made this decision exciting and easy for me. And of course thank you all for supporting Ottoneu Fantasy Sports!

34 Likes

This is awesome news, thanks for the update @nivshah!

3 Likes

I didn’t think MLB trade deadline day could get any better but this news is right up there as a blockbuster trade!!

2 Likes

YES! can’t wait! and remember all NBA fans, Klay Thompson forgot how to shoot! don’t spend on him!

4 Likes

Truly awesome news. Thanks, Niv!

3 Likes

I have absolutely zero interest in the NBA.
Until now.
I am so in.

6 Likes

I should mention that there is a Twitter account for Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball:

https://twitter.com/OttoneuBBall

I’m going to try to beat the Labor Day self-imposed deadline for signups, but drafts will not be available until after Labor Day 2021.

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats on getting basketball going!

2 Likes

Let’s gooooooo!!!

2 Likes

Should we expect advanced scoring categories? Things like eFG% and deflections over steals?

Nah scoring will be a bit more traditional. Team building and depth will be the emphasis.

3 Likes

Congrats Niv, fantasy basketball is pretty great, the stats really lend themselves to the fantasy game, both points and Roto. Good for you and the ottoneu community.

3 Likes

This is awesome. Thank you, Niv!

2 Likes

THANK YOU NIV!!

2 Likes

awesome

i’m a huge hoops fan, but i havent played in years because i couldnt find a good hoops platform with a matchup games cap (it’s pointless without a games cap)

can’t wait!

3 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

This is amazing news, thank you Niv! Can’t wait to get a league going.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fantasy Hockey

Any other updates on this, I check the site everyday. Just discovered Ottoneu and cant wait to do hoops and baseball

2 Likes