Ottoneu FF Week 16 playoffs incorrect

Hey Nivshah, In League 74 the 4th place team won the tie-breaker with the most points but didn’t get in the playoffs. Can you look into this? Or will this update later today?

I will investigate this today. There may be a few other related issues to investigate as well.

Just to piggyback on this, our second round of playoffs in League 126 aren’t currently showing any matchups. Round one everything was correct, but nothing for round two.

Checking in, League 171 having same issue.

Got a few emails saying similar things so I think this is a widespread issue. I’m traveling today but I’ll investigate and should have it fixed tonight at the very latest. Almost certainly related to some logic around trying to push Week 15 into Tuesday.

2 Likes

My working theory right now is that the system set new playoff games before Week 15 games were marked as final. This means in leagues with 3 weeks of playoffs, no games were final and it broke trying to figure out who won the previous week and gave up. In leagues starting their playoffs in Week 16, it didn’t consider the final results of Week 15 and thus got some tiebreakers incorrect, etc.

If my theory holds, this should be relatively easy to fix. Will update as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Anecdotally this is seemingly what happened in 171. We are two week playoffs and it placed the people that would have been in prior to week 15 into the playoffs, ignoring week 15’s results.

1 Like

I should have this fixed in the next two hours. Apologies about the issues. Definitely related to the Tuesday games and my not perfect fix to make sure they counted.

1 Like

Ok everyone - appreciate the patience. I believe this has been fixed. I see the correct round 2 matchups in league 1 and I believe everyone else should be set as well. Please please please let me know if you see any issues!

2 Likes

Niv… long time! My league (#144) does not seem to have updated?

It’s a 2-week playoff, so just seeded. It seems to think both matches are title matches, and one of the teams is in there (and another eliminated) incorrectly.

1 Like

Could you send an email to help@ottoneu.com with details including team names, etc?

The issue @MLB ran into involved accidentally setting custom seedings at some point. If anyone runs into an issue where the wrong teams seem to be playing this week and there is a chance some custom seeds were set, let me know and I’ll investigate. It is very easy to fix if that is the case.

2 Likes