Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, May 2021

@OttoneuOOTP21

Due to waivers, today turned into a 7 day sim. The RTS is up. After it is completed, we’ll move to Sunday, which will sim the 2021 draft.

Tuesday we will sim one (1) day to get on to Monday.

Thursday we will go back to 7 day sims.

1 Like

New save and website are both up. It’s 6/6/2021 in-game. Tuesday we will sim to 6/7/2021 in-game.

A rare one-day sim is up right now. RTS is live

Ok we are at 6/7/2021. Site’s up, new save is up.

Thursday’s sim will depend on how smoothly things go with Ottoneu. It’ll either be on time and include a RTS or will be a little later and not have a RTS. Y’all will be able to figure out which is which on Thursday.

Tonight also was our final sim before MLB is back. Thanks everyone for making this challenging and generally unfun time a little bit more fun. The OOTP league has been a great distraction and I look forward to it continuing in some form until at least Machado’s not an Isotope.

4 Likes

The Austin Murder Hornets announced that Elvis Andrus, former NRI signed to a split contract, has been promoted. The former shortstop has spent the spring and first two months at AAA learning how to play third base, a position better suited for an infielder with a cannon for an arm and deteriorating range.

In other news, Bryan Hudson is in danger of being sent down after a disappointing stretch over the past two games in which the 24 year-old has given up 9 ER in 7 IP. Fellow left-handers Kolby Allard and Christopher Sanchez are possible options at AAA.

Meanwhile, Dellin Betances may be facing a demotion to middle relief as his season struggles continues. Top setup man Jose Alvarado, who struggled early on as well, has been highly effective and is on pace to eclipse 140 strikeouts in under 80 IP. Which may sound impressive, until you realize that fellow left-hander Genesis Cabrera is on pace for 178 strikeouts in just over 100 innings as a reliever. Cabrera might be another possible candidate to hold down a spot in the rotation while Bryse Wilson (torn triceps) recovers.

The Murder Hornets hope to get Wilson back in 2-3 months, but will they be playing meaningful baseball at that time? Not if they can’t figure out how to hit left-handed pitching. After being taken out of the lineup for a stretch against LHP, reigning MVP Jesse Winker finds himself back in the lineup against southpaws while Tommy Edman will take his turn on the bench. Winker will hit 6th in the lineup against left-handed starters, a departure from his spot as the cleanup hitter against righties.

4 Likes

@OttoneuOOTP21

There’s an update available that is required for Online Leagues, so please grab it before tomorrow’s sim.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this happen, Niv, and to everyone, for giving us something baseball to focus on. It also got me pretty hooked on OOTP in general.

I might suggest that once this Lockdown season is done that we pause until the end of the real MLB / fantasy season, whenever that might be. I’m already finding myself pretty distracted by Ottoneu and other league stuff, as well as the real thing.

1 Like

I’d like to continue the league but slowing down as real baseball ramps up makes a lot of sense.

I haven’t had a hard look at the MLB schedule yet, but traditionally, off-days have been Monday and Thursday.

Perhaps, for our purposes, those make for good sim days?

3 Likes

Makes a lot of sense!

Usually since Sunday nights are ONLY Sunday Night Baseball we can track how that is set up this season and maybe sneak Sundays in too.

1 Like