Ottoneu Meetup in DC, Saturday February 29th

WHEN: Saturday, February 29th, 3pm ET until whenever
WHERE: Pop’s SeaBar in Adams Morgan, Washington DC

Gonna have an Ottoneu meetup in DC in a month. My league, the OG league is entering its 15th (!) season and will be midway through its draft, which we will also be doing at Pop’s. About half of us will be there for the draft, including some out of town visitors. Join us for some draft chat, baseball chat, and general nerdiness.

1 Like

Bumping this as a reminder: we’ll be holding the Original Ottoneu league draft at Pop’s SeaBar in Adams Morgan in NW Washington DC on February 29th. We’ll have some drinks and food around 3pm for anyone who wants to come by and talk Ottoneu.

I have a few stickers to give away and David Appelman, the founder of FanGraphs, should be by to hang out among others. Come by and let’s get hyped for the 2020 season.

The robot himself, @vibbot will be visiting from upstate NY on February 29th. Come by and thank him for his amazing work on the Surplus Calculator.

3 Likes

Hey! I’m new to Ottoneu this year (just finished my first draft with Pitcher List woo hoo!) but I live in the DC area and would love to join if that’s okay.

2 Likes

Everyone is absolutely welcome. Hope your draft went well!

This is happening in 6 days, February 29th at 3pm. Everyone is welcome to come by and talk about baseball, fantasy baseball and/or Ottoneu. We’ll have a few special out-of-town visitors and a couple people other than myself from the original league that started it all. I look forward to seeing you next weekend.

True story: My wife and I are flying across the country to visit her family in Virginia this week, and she likes seafood, so we have decided to take a nerd date at Pop’s! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2 Likes

True story #2: I came down with a nasty bug yesterday, so I’m staying in bed today. Sorry to miss the fun!

Oh no! Feel better!

Despite the disappointing update that @William_Wallace is under the weather, we will still be getting together at Pop’s SeaBar around 3pm for a few hours this afternoon. @vibbot will be joining us, so you can come by and thank him for his work on the Surplus Calculator in person. I know a few other folks have confirmed to come by and my league will be wrapping up its draft as well. Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

I will have a bit of Ottoneu swag to give away as well. Stickers and the last two XXL t-shirts from last year. First come first serve.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who came by tonight. Really appreciate the support and really enjoyed the conversation. Until the next one!

1 Like

Was a good time, thanks for arranging!

2 Likes