Pitchers being moved out of SP spots

I’m running into an issue trying to set my lineups for the week. My last two starting pitchers for the week are pitching on Saturday, the 27th. As I look at my roster now, they’re in SP spots 4 and 5 in the lineup. By Saturday (if my other SP starts go as scheduled), I’ll only have two SP starts remaining; so I moved my two Saturday starters to SP spots 1 and 2. However, after clicking through to Sunday and then coming back to Saturday, I see that the two Saturday pitchers are somehow back in SP spots 4 and 5. By Saturday, these SP spots 4 and 5 will disappear because I’ll only have two SP starts remaining, and the system will dump those two pitchers to the bench. How can I make sure these two pitchers stay in the SP 1 and 2 spots, and don’t get dropped to the bench when the other SP spots disappear?

I don’t think there’s any designation between “SP1” and “SP5”. It’s just random. What you need to do is just pull your other SPs out to make sure that the ones you want to stay in the lineup stay in the lineup

2 Likes

I see. That makes sense. Thanks for your reply.

I’m confirming that the right thing to do is to put SP on the bench who you don’t want to play.

Here is a relevant thread as well: