Player position eligibility for 2017

I have vague recollection of asking this before, but after spending 20 minutes trying to find it (unsuccessfully) can anyone tell me if there is a list of official position eligibility for the 2017 season? Both @LuckyStrikes and @vibbot (and I believe @nivshah as well) have posted data sets with players and positions, but I have not been able to find for certain if those reflect the 2016 season or 2017, a best guess or if they are “calculated” based on the Ottoneu rules. Same applies to data from Fangraphs.
Thanks,
RJ

1 Like

All positions are 2017 positions now. So any data sets you have with a positions field that was generated after the season ended contains 2017 position eligibility.

Average Values pages have 2017 positions: https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/averageValues

2 Likes

Thank you Niv and Brinksmen

1 Like

I think Brinksmen is the group that @ahix24 is in :slight_smile:

Duh… :blush: I was just kidding of course… ahum…
I do struggle a bit with the Treys called LuckyStrikes, and Justins called Easc… you know who. Would be nice to see the username and first name in a hover over or something. No excuse for dumbo who uses the group name of course

No idea or recollection how I got the Brinksmen tag, but happy to be associated with those fine gentlemen, so no offense taken at all!

Andy