Points-per-day chart & the all star break

On the “standings” page there is a chart that tracks points per day. It’s a great visualization of how the horse race progresses over the course of the season.

My one - very minor - peeve is that in past years it has included the all star break in the calculation of each team’s average points per day. Each day of the break counts as zero points scored and, as a result, after the All star break there is a steep drop in every team’s average score and the value of each team’s average points per day total loses relevance. ie. the total listed on the day before the all star break is more helpful in determining a god, bad or average performance than most of the totals listed in the entire second half of the year.

Obviously not a big deal, but, if there is an easy way to take the days of the all star break out of the equation, I think it would be an improvement.

Thanks so much for everything!

2 Likes

Currently the same thing is going on because of the gap after the Japan series…

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense.

1 Like

I’ve looked through this code a little bit and the effort required here is more than a quick fix. I’ll get to it at some point, definitely.

2 Likes

Thanks for the super fast reply! You do great work.

1 Like