Position Change Football

Looked quick, came up empty. What are the rules regarding position changes/eligibility in ottoneu football? In regard to Juwan Johnson of the Saints. Would be a nice pickup as a TE, but he’s only eligible as a WR seeing as he made a position change this off-season. How many games till he becomes TE eligible?

1 Like

I wrote a bit about this in 2016:

We generally defer to our data provider and if they make a position change for a player we will reflect that. We update rosters every other day for team changes, position changes, etc. so if they make the change we should reflect it pretty quickly.

2 Likes

I am sweatily holding Cordarelle Patterson and Juwan Johnson in anticipation.

2 Likes

Jacques Patrick will soon be switching teams from Cin to SF all while be auctioned.

Rotowire’s site now lists Juwan Johnson as a TE. Isn’t that Ottoneu’s data provider for this sort of thing?

Here’s a screenshot from Rotowire that shows Johnson listed as a TE (bottom right):

1 Like

I would have bid higher on Patterson had he been a running back.

1 Like

Rotowire also lists Patterson as Running Back, as does the official Atlanta Falcons depth chart. Can we please get him updated to reflect his actual position?

1 Like

Yeah, most every other site has them listed as RB and TE and if Rotowire does too I would hope it happens soon.

1 Like

Yeah, count me as another guy hoping to see Patterson listed as a RB any day now.

2 Likes

We do not use Rotowire for position eligibility. If there is a change from our data provider, it will be automatically reflected on the site.

1 Like

And as I write that, Cordarelle Patterson is now a RB and Juwan Johnson is now a TE.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the earlier explanation.