Questions About Couch Managers Slow Draft

Doing a slow draft for the first time on Couch Managers and had some questions. I think I know the answers to some of these, but wanted to be safe.

When somebody bids higher than your current showing bid, but lower than your max bid does it change to you bidding whatever they bid or do you bid one dollar more? For example let’s say my max bid is $30 and somebody bids $25. Does it just change to me now bidding $25 or $26?

There’s a button that says “Outbid by 1 Dollar” next to the bid option. Does that mean you outbid whatever bid you’re currently seeing by one dollar or do you outbid the secret max bid by one dollar?

On the top there’s an option to make your max bid your “true bid”. I’m presuming this means you just make your max bid visible to everyone? If so what’s the advantage to doing this?

In Ottoneu you have to have at least one dollar for every empty roster space you might have. Is there a way to make this madantory during the auction as well? If not how should I deal with a hypothetical situation where a player does have a dollar per empty roster space?

2 Likes
  1. Your bid becomes what the new bidder posts. So in your example, you would be winning the bid now at $25.

2. Outbid by $1 ups the current showing bid.

3. Careful!, checkboxing “make max bid your true bid” will make your bid jump to whatever you input as a max bid. It’s a common mistake, you enter $6 as max bid on a $1 nom and it jumps to $6 if its checked instead of performing as a “hidden bid”. recommended to keep it off.

4. In the draft set-up the manager can check a box that sets it properly. I’ve never set up a draft so I am unsure what precisely it says, but yes it is an available option.

5. Don’t forget that rosters can be directly imported/exported to Ottoneu. It can be updated periodically thru the draft by the manager.

Hope this helps. I’m closing out two marathon CM drafts now. Personally I have found the 24hr/12hr reset w/ an overnight pause time settings to suffice, depends on how often your league mates are able to check in.

~Astraea M.K.

2 Likes

Thanks for starting his thread. I’m new to Couch Managers this season myself and am just starting to get acquainted with the system.

One question: I noticed position eligibility in Couch Managers is a bit different from Ottoneu. For example, Ketel Marte is only 2B eligible. Is there a way to configure Couch Managers’ position eligibility to more closely align with Ottoneu or should I just keep this in mind as a potential discrepancy as I draft?

1 Like

You will have plenty of “Bench” positions that have no eligibility requirement and it’s easy to adjust your roster in CM during the draft. Maneuvering players into roster slots hasn’t been an issue that I’ve seen.

1 Like

I see! I was also curious about the positions that appear next to the players in the Available Players section.

Ketel Marte, for example, only appears in the list of second basemen because of his eligibility in Couch Manager (2B). I suspect this is not a feature, but can I tell Couch Managers to use a different set of eligibility criteria to determine player position eligibility?

“It can be updated periodically thru the draft by the manager.”

So I can upload the draft mutiple times during the draft to my league?

Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

I am unsure if it’s possible to assign new position eligibility.