Renewal Day 2024 Paydala FAQ

I’ve received a few questions about Paydala, our new payment processor, as renewals have ramped up. I’d like to collect them here so they are together in an easy to read and share place. I’ll continue to edit this post as more questions come up.

Paydala is saying it can’t find user location. Why do I need to share my location and how do I do that?

Ottoneu now needs your location from where you are paying. This is for our compliance with a variety of local and federal laws. We don’t publish or sell this information in any way; we just keep it for reporting purposes.

I shared a couple of links in this thread about how to make sure your location is available to Ottoneu. They have worked for a number of users, and maybe they will help point you in the right direction if you have this issue:

Paydala’s Terms of Service mentions a $2.95 monthly inactivity fee. What is that about?

I have received some form of this question over email a few times, and I wrote about it back in November. I spoke directly with the CEO of Paydala about this inactivity fee, and he said our implementation avoids it entirely. Any deposit into Paydala is immediately given to Ottoneu to pay for a team, and any prize is held by us until it is withdrawn into your bank account or distributed to you in some other way. Since you’ll never have a balance with Paydala, you won’t be subject to any inactivity fee.

Why does Paydala need so much personal information in order to process a withdrawal of my prize money or a refund?

I’ve written about this extensively on the forums and will try to distill my various answers here. You should feel free to search the forums for “KYC” and “AML” to see longer answers if you are interested.

US law requires “know your customer” (KYC) and “anti-money laundering” (AML) checks for any financial institution sending money over the Internet. Paydala implements these checks for their clients to help them stay in compliance with US law. Paydala does not ask for anything more than these checks require and does not store any of the information they ask for when making these checks. They send any information you give them to their various processors, and if all of them come back positively, they store that your user (referenced by your Ottoneu user ID) has passed a KYC check and thus does not need to have a KYC check done again for some period of time.

I need help paying from insert non-US country

Please email me at help@ottoneu.com. We have a long list of countries that Paydala has opened up for us outside the United States, and if necessary I am willing to look into expanding that list.

I am receiving a strange error when attempting to withdraw money

Please email me at help@ottoneu.com with your username and what bank you use. Please do not ever post any of your banking information in the forums.

3 Likes