Roster Organizers for other teams in your league

Another Roster Organizer Wishlist Idea -
Enable Roster Organizers for other teams in your league. As in, my team can make an Organizer for another team in my league, so I can kind of understand what assets other teams have better and what they might be open to trading/ trading for. Especially when sometimes people dont make that explicit in their trade blocks. I understand this wishlist item may be more work than its marginal value, but thought I would throw it out there.

2 Likes

Was going to make a request for this, but found this old thread to resurrect.

Even if it is only available in the off-season - which is really the only time you need it - it would be super helpful to try to game out how a team looks, who they’ll drop, which positions they likely have occupied with starters, vs bench, etc. Would definitely help to inform trade talks.

FWIW, in my dynasty league on CBS, I created an Excel sheet a few years ago where I manually go through and try to game out each team’s rosters to understand potential free agents, but also positional needs, etc. Often times I’m coming to trade talks before that person has even done their own review, and am able to identify weaknesses they hadn’t yet realized.

1 Like

Heartily agree! I was just thinking how handy this would be.

The best way to do this sort of thing is a CSV export into Excel. It would be very tedious to try to do this on the Ottoneu platform for each team as it would involve a LOT of manual data entry.

I sometimes project teams going into a keeper deadline by exporting the roster to Excel, left joining in projections and valuations, and then try to figure out likely cuts based on projected surplus. Since I play a lot of 5x5, figuring out which categories are more likely to be available at auction is helpful. Anticipating what stats are more likely to be available helps inform my own keeper decisions as well as inform trade targets prior to the keeper deadline.

Yea, I get it. I do the Excel method for my other league, but it is way more manual than it would be to just drag and drop on the site.

Obviously, I understand this might be a level of effort on Niv’s part that is just too high - between the coding/design and the data retention. But if, for example, the code is pretty functionalized, and it just requires a replication, I think it’d be worth it to do on the site. I’m less concerned about stats and such as I am players. OK, this guy has 7 second baseman available, but 5 of them have multi position eligibility, one of them is in A ball, and one of them is a $50 stud who seems like a keeper but just can’t fit. How does that fit in with his other guys with multi position eligibility, especially as he’s trying to cut salary? Would be much easier in the roster organizer format.

Not a perfect solution but you can check the lineups on other teams. Maybe a little bit clearer than just going to their roster page

1 Like

During the season, that is definitely something that I do. Though sometimes you have to wade through a few days to see what players they normally use.

Though checking out the team production page can yield some insights too, heh.