For those looking for an edge in lineup management, check out the daily SaberSim tool that @jfwiii has created. It’s simple to use and is a big help in trying to determine which players to start or sit each day. You can check out the tool here and save it to your own Drive.
- Read the disclaimers and notes below before using this tool.
- Make a copy of this sheet and save it to your own Google Drive before customizing it with your league info.
Once you do this, you should be able to use your customized version(s) every day. Check back occasionally for updates to the master file.
On your new file, you will get a reference error on the update time cell above. Mouse over the cell & click the blue “Request Access” button to use
this feature, which you may find useful. You should only have to request access once.
- Enter your league number in the gray box above. Give the spreadsheet a moment to work.
- Filter the “League Projections” tab for players on your team.
—Use the drop-down from the “Team” column, click “Clear” to uncheck all teams, then click the check box for your team. Click “OK.”
—Some special characters may cause team names to be formatted oddly. Why would you name your team that, anyway?
—The default sort order is descending by points, which lists SPs first. (At least, all but the most terrible ones.)
- You will see some cell coloring that is based on the player’s projection. Your esteemed author has made an editorial decision
to use the values below (in the notes section) to set these formats.
- There will be players who are not projected but probably should be. Check the SaberSim data (tabs “Batting” and “Pitching”)
to be sure there is no projection. Sometimes it overreacts to players being out of the lineup and doesn’t project them the following day.
- Contact the author @jfwiii to offer feedback.