Searching for college positions causing issues

Hi,

Have been experiencing an issue all season, and confirmed this issue also impacts at least one of my league mates, when searching for a college position with no player names associated. So for example if I search for college WR’s just to see who is available.

The search never populates and seems to freeze Ottoneu in my browser for 10-15ish minutes. I cannot load any Ottoneu pages for that duration. I am able to open and browse Otto on my cell phone and in different browsers. For reference I’m currently using Safari.

Thank for any help

1 Like

Makes sense - there are a LOT of college WRs, like 100s. That is a lot of data you are asking for without giving the system and qualifiers. I’ll see if I can come up with a better way to sort through our college player universe.

Feels like player leaderboards for football would be a good solution here…

2 Likes

Agree, player leader boards for football would be pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Maybe just include a filter where it only returns players who are >0% Rostered?

1 Like

I think this is a fine stop-gap solution, but Ottoneu should allow for finding emergent prospect talent that isn’t dependent on a player already being rostered on other teams.

I definitely agree that if OP used a roster% filter on their college player searches, they would run into fewer site issues.

3 Likes

I think leaderboards and perhaps a minimum stat threshold (>100 yards rushing or receiving, >400 yards passing, etc.) would be a good compromise.

In a practical sense, when we search “all college WRs” we really don’t need the 5th-12th string WRs who have played 10 snaps. Still allows for that stat scouting for those college players actually participating while still allowing anyone to search by name if they aren’t playing yet.

3 Likes