Should there be a rule against not having a full roster in ottoneu Fantasy Football?

Hey @Niv, I’ve created this thread for a few questions and comments about the rules/functionality of ottoneu Football.

1. Right now the rules don’t explicitly state that teams must field a full roster. Justin and I wondered if this was something that might need to be added, a la baseball, especially since the head to head nature of ottoneu football makes it more important for teams to field a full lineup.

2. After a few auctions I’ve noticed a couple small glitches - it seems like if you deactivate the “all teams must nominate” function, it prevents teams from ever getting skipped in the draft, even if the team checks the “done with draft” button. Not a huge deal but just mentioning it here. The other thing I’ve noted is that the watchlist seems to be working oddly - sometimes I click W- many times and a player won’t move off the list, but sometimes clicking it once will clear all drafted players. Some other owners have also noted the watchlist seems to change order if you refresh the page, which they found frustrating.

Quick followup - I’m really loving the new 24-hour auctions, even in the preseason. It feels much more streamlined and I imagine it will be an even bigger help during the season, where you may need a player and there’s no time to start another 48-hour auction if you lose him, but can’t afford to auction multiple guys to make sure you win one. I think new owners coming to ottoneu will be a little less shocked by it as well, since there was some consternation last year from owners who didn’t realize how auctions worked and would try to add players Sunday morning.

1 Like

I’ll focus specifically on the rules question in the original post:

1. Right now the rules don’t explicitly state that teams must field a full roster. Justin and I wondered if this was something that might need to be added, a la baseball, especially since the head to head nature of ottoneu football makes it more important for teams to field a full lineup.

I’m not sure not fielding a full roster is gameable for an advantage. If someone wants to sacrifice a cheap scoring position (K should be cheap, right?) to get an additional prospect on an already deep number of non-playing roster spots, that seems to me like a very, very bad strategy. Just because a thing can happen doesn’t mean that there needs to be rules against that thing happening, especially when doing that thing is entirely self-inflicted and with almost no benefit.