Speed up the "Trade Status & History" page

Could we get this page to default to a filtered down version of the same data set?

In League 477 for example: this page is the equivalent of printing out 111 pages. It can be helpful for finding EVERY time a player has been traded but, it becomes really slow to navigate, and takes a long time load.

Suggestion: last 10 Rejected, last 10 accepted etc and then have some filters on year where we can look at trades within a given year and… lastly the entire list as it is now.

Food for thought? Other ideas welcome, generally just interested in seeing this page function a little faster.

Thanks!

This is on my radar for the medium-term. Interested in hearing how people use this page.

2 Likes

I most frequently use it to go read why a trade was rejected, which I think starts at about page 82 or so if I were looking at it from scrolling (story here is I offer A LOT of bad trades =p).

I use the page mostly to refresh my memory about previous offers that I’ve made (or have been made to me), mostly so I’m not making the same offer. It’s also entertaining to review previous offers and realize what a bonehead move was made in declining the offer. But it’s mostly to have an idea of what the previous packages offered have been so that I’m not duplicating previously declined offers. But anyway, as it’s currently configured (easy search by player or team name) is perfect. But I agree with the OP that being able to narrow the date range would be helpful, especially as leagues mature.

1 Like

I use it multiple ways including:

1. Reminding myself which players a team has been interested before in the past
  2. Find out why a trade was rejected
  3. Look at trade from the past season
  4. Use search to find players that have been a part of trade rejections or specific team offer history in the trade rejection area

I often find myself wishing the trade history loaded per season instead of whole history. I do LOVE that I can see every transaction for a player and seek a whole history I just wish I could load the whole history when I want to instead of waiting for it to load everytime.

Also, I’d hope to be able to still use search effectively, as in I’d still want to be able to search for specific teams and players easily. However, a load more to load more data wouldn’t be a hindrance at all especially if the tradeoff would be a faster load time when I enter the page.

Thanks for always seeking feedback, I really enjoy the product! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am wondering if there is consideration to implement a way to archive trade history. In a league I am in, which was established in 2014, it can take a little longer to load the trade history page, because of all the transactions from completed trades to rejected ones.

I wonder if the value of a trade history archive has been considered to allow leagues to save aside the more ancient trades and transactions.

Thanks for considering my idea!

1 Like

Good reminder that this is still an issue, especially for the older leagues. Please continue to share how you most use this page so speed optimizations don’t compromise the main use cases. Thanks!

1 Like

+1 for this…

I think clearing out anything older than the previous off season would suffice; resetting at the start of each season.
I.E. over the off season is shows the previous season and off season. Come start of the new year last season (and prior) gets cleared out, just leaving the most previous off season.

Alternatively, if there was a way to filter it down by year, similar to how the standing page works with the “past final standings”? For instance, the page natively loads only the active year, but a button exists to load any previous year as needed.

4 Likes

Will look at this now.

Trade history has been sped up considerably. It now only loads trades from this year by default, but you can click a link at the top to see trades from past seasons.

Long delayed Genie badge for @PatrickS

3 Likes

Thanks but please don’t delete any Transaction history if at all possible. Doesn’t sound like you did but just wanted to stress how valuable/entertaining it is to be able to research league history

1 Like

Oh yeah, no chance transaction history is going anywhere.

3 Likes

Definitely much faster now. Thanks, Niv!

If you’re still looking for user data, I use the Trade Status page almost entirely for reviewing rejected trades–e.g. seeing what I offered another manager in the past to calibrate a trade I’m currently working on. If I’m looking for a trade that actually happened, I’ll typically just find that through a player’s transaction history.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t view trade details

Huge upgrade when viewing history, thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

2 Likes