Starting Pitching Points

Jack Leiter netting any positive points today for this line: 3.2 IP, 8 hits, 7 ERs, 3 BBs, 3 K’s (17.18 ERA), seems absurd to me.

I know that’s what the formula calculates but maybe that formula needs to be adjusted…

:grimacing:

Thats less than 1 PT/IP. Thats not good…

He didnt give up any HRs. and ERs are irrelevant.

Definitely not good and read why “earned runs are irrelevant” but that WHIP, the hard contact and yes the runs, they’re all certainly relevant to what happened in the game…and not all fielding independent (a lot was pitcher dependent, though he didn’t have great help from Leody Taveras)

What is the point of this post? Just to troll? I dont get it. IF you dont like points leagues dont do points leagues

Im just saying the results on the field (bad) are reflected in the points (bad). It definitely would have been a waste of 3.2 innings if you started him…which i nearly did…ha

1 Like

your post is to troll. my post is to get a conversation started about pitching/scoring. How “runs” are a big deal for hitters (not RBIs) and yet “runs” are discounted for pitching as if they have no impact on run control

And, btw, the context for my leagues are H-to-H, 10 starts (which would be a wasted start) and no limit starts (which added value without penalty, albeit minimal, but, where I’d like to see a negative point total for a line like that)

Points are based on linear weights. They won’t be changing. I would recommend learning a bit more about linear weights.

2 Likes