Stats for debuting players

BRANDON WILLIAMSON CIN SP/RP - Niv is he set up? Had first start last night.

Generally, the system will link up players who debut after they debut. This happened correctly for Brandon Williamson. Before they debut, they won’t show the proper green checkmark and if they are hitters, will show a red X even though they are playing. Hitters will even be auto-benched if you have that setting turned on, even though they are playing. So that’s why its helpful to get info on debuts before the debuts happen. After the debuts happen, the system works mostly fine on its own.

1 Like

Jonny Deluca OF LAD is debuting tonight.

Jonny Deluca is all linked up.

1 Like

Luis Matos debuting and batting 2nd today!

Luis Matos is all linked up

1 Like

Emmet Sheehan reported as starting for the Dodgers tonight.

Emmet Sheehan is all linked up

1 Like

How come Samad taylor was playing tonight and ottoneu has him in AAA?

Please review this thread.

Players have major league and minor league identifiers, and no provider updates the major league identifiers for a given player until after they have debuted. If someone posts to this forum and I’m able to get to it, I can usually manually link these identifiers for a given player before they play. After they play, the system will link them overnight.

I’ll link up Samad Taylor now. Anyone who had him in their lineup with auto-bench on will not get his stats today, since I am linking him after his debut.

I guess I should add that if he’s in your lineup and he plays, you’ll 100% get his stats, even if there is a red X and it looks like he is in AAA. Once I link up a player or the player is automatically linked up by the system overnight, all the player’s stats will come through.

1 Like

Jordan Westburg (INF, BAL) is debuting tomorrow.

Jordan Westburg is all linked up

1 Like

Colton Cowser debuting today

Already linked up

1 Like

Abner Uribe, RP Mil did not accrue any stats today though he was called up and pitched 2 innings, thanks.

I did have him in my starting lineup all day - will I get the points? My first year playing in ottoneu.

We have a system in place that updates player IDs after they play in their first game. This updates in time to get stats from debuts, so if you have a guy in your lineup and he’s debuting, even if the site shows him in AAA when his MLB team’s game starts, the site will eventually give you those stats.

That happened for at least 2 people for Abner Uribe’s debut yesterday, of which presumably you are one. Let me know if not!

The main reason to post here is to help me out on hitter debuts. Since the system updates IDs after the game is played, the auto-bench feature will bench hitters that are debuting unless I manually link up IDs beforehand. There are a bunch of reasons that I have not been able to automate that process to just link the IDs earlier. However I’m happy to try to do it manually whenever a request comes in.

Ok it did update, appreciate the explanation!

1 Like

Endy Rodriguez debuting for Pittsburgh tonight.

Endy Rodriguez has been linked up

1 Like

Sal Frelick debuting tonight for the Brewers.