Team Settings Info & Slack / Email

There are some tricky constraints here, so I’m going to walk through how I’ve chosen to deal with them.

Lots of teams have more than one owner. Not most teams, but a lot. Treating a team as the same as an individual person is not quite right. As a result, I built out User Profile pages. This page can be reached for any individual user by clicking on their username anywhere on the site.

Examples:

1. Claim team page and join league page have user names under the Commissioner column. I imagine this is the main use case for trying to reach a user you are not already in a league with. If you’re in a league with them, you have other options to get in touch, such as team to team messages and the league message board.
  2. Every team roster page has their ownership listed at the top

I could add team owner names in other places if it makes sense.

These profile pages let users put a bio, add their Twitter, and display their email address. It also as of today has a link to message that user through this community forums site.

I want to be very careful to allow every single individual to choose how much or little they want their contact information to be public. Because of this goal, grouping that contact information with team settings does not make sense, and these User Profiles are what I’ve landed on.

1 Like