Teams Quitting Before Paying

Hey, I agree this stinks. If I had a time machine or the ability to make another company magically release software faster I would use them both to change this situation. However, it is what it is.

If you have someone in your league that you think won’t pay for their dynasty league because of 2-3 weeks of the NFL season, maybe its good to replace them proactively. The Ottoneu site / game can’t help you with that beyond giving you tools to communicate with your league and tools to help you find potential replacement managers.

This deeply misunderstands the Ottoneu format - every team is about half a season away from being in very good position to compete. We have a lot of podcast episodes about this on the baseball side, I would recommend checking them out, as the economic system is basically identical, though turning a football team around is much easier than turning a baseball team around.

Anyway, I really hope this drawn out nightmare starts winding down next week. You may think your league is getting screwed, but this affects my entire livelihood and a company I’ve worked on by myself for now 12 years. I’m taking this very seriously and am navigating a number of trade-offs to get things back to ‘normal’ as soon as possible while reducing the chance of something like this happening again.

4 Likes