Waiting on accepted trade to fix cap situation

I don’t think there’s any reason to be defensive about this. Every league has to go through a process of figuring out what people are comfortable with in terms of getting ‘legal’. I agree finalizing new rules is better in the offseason, but these issues come up in season and discussing them frankly is better than what-about-isms or picking a fight.

Trades are processed for teams that are in an illegal state because it is an accepted way to get legal. Your commissioner did not know this and reached out to me about it a couple of hours ago. The relevant post is here:

I believe with this precedent, everything done here is pretty fine - the 37 hours in which you couldn’t set your lineup was definitely cost enough to let the trades do the work of getting you legal. However, it is unclear to me if you told anyone this was your plan or ignored any messages sent your way. It is less about the rules and more about how you treat the other 11 people in the league - this is true of any other managers who are accusing you of cheating or whatever nonsense as well.

There is no way to do this, so this isn’t really a useful offer. It just comes off as combative and defensive.

1 Like