Do trades process for teams that are over roster or salary cap limits?

question:

My roster was at 39 and another team offered a “trade,” basically buying a player away from me without me giving any players in return. However, that trade won’t finalize until tomorrow.

Today, however, two of my FA bids went through, putting me at 41 players, and I’m getting that invalid team message disabling all functions except “cut players.” But will that trade still go through tomorrow, putting me back at 40?

1 Like

Yes, all trades process regardless of a team being over roster or cap limits. Just sit tight.

awesome–thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

If you win an auction that puts you at 41 players, will a pending trade process without first cutting a player? The trade in question opens a roster spot for the player added via waivers.

Moved this question to the existing thread from last year that answered the question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Wondering about the following:

1. Roster at 40 men
  2. I accept a 2 for 1 (I’m giving up 2) trade
  3. In meantime while trade is processing I pick up a player off waivers, and this puts my roster at 41/40 temporarily.
  4. My thinking is that once the trade goes through I will get back to 40 men without having to cut anyone. Is that the case, or is the trade not going to be processed until I remedy the roster issue?

Please review this thread from last year.

Think of an illegal roster as a temporary state only. It’s ok to make a trade that takes your team illegal, as long as you quickly resolve the issue by cutting players or salary to get under the caps. You don’t need to drop players before a trade is completed.

A post was split to a new topic: Make Finances and Pending Trades viewable while roster is illegal

I saw that Josh Bell was going to be activated today, and I knew that when we was, my roster was going to be at 42/41 players. So, before that happened I offered a 2 for 1 trade so that if it is accepted, my lineup will be 41/41.

My question is, can that manager I sent the trade to even accept it now that my roster is illegal? Thanks

Accepting or rejecting a trade can be done by any team in a legal state to any offer, regardless of the state of the other team in the trade.

1 Like