Waiver Claim confirmations on mobile

This seems like the genesis for the waiver claim update–I can’t seem to find a better home to mention this–but is it possible to have the claim banner appear in the user’s viewable window, not the top of the page? I realize this would require some additional work, but for mobile users, since the top of the page isn’t viewable (most of the time), it’s difficult to catch the message. I just end up clicking on “waiver claims” again to refresh the page.

Yeah I think @joecatz ran into this issue as well. It was supposed to show up at the top of the “viewport” but it doesn’t seem to do that and that lack of feedback can be confusing.

1 Like

Moved to a new TechSupport issue, will have a fix today.

1 Like

Thanks Niv, Joe’s mention on Slack got me thinking about what I was experiencing. Thanks for looking into it! I’m available to test, since my leagues have seen a few rage cuts lately, heh.

1 Like

This should be fixed. When you check the box for a waiver claim, you should see the banner indicating the waiver claim was saved by the system at the top of your screen on mobile.

1 Like

Thanks Niv! I’ve tried on a few mobile browsers, including ones that I had not previously accessed ottoneu from, but they’re all still showing the prior behavior.

Tried in safari, no luck. Tried in icab with a few different userscripts (FF, safari), no luck. Tried in chrome, no luck. I also cleared my cache on safari, and tried again, no luck.

:roll_eyes: Forgot to deploy the change. It is deployed now.

1 Like

Ha, ok, I was wondering what I was doing wrong, heh.

1 Like

OK, this should work. Since the banner now inserts in the page, you can’t really miss that something happened, though the banner is above the current viewport–looks to be same in safari and chrome.

This is expected behavior. I’m using my browser to emulate an iPhone 6+ in this case.

1 Like

My actual phone does not behave the same way! So, will look into it.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed on the expected behavior. Interesting that it doesn’t work that way when deployed. Odd that the emulator wouldn’t catch that.

Ok, this should be fixed. I have it working on my phone now.

1 Like

Yep, can confirm!

Just curious, looks like sticky was already in use, was something just overwriting it?

Mobile browsers need a position: -webkit-sticky; rule. Found that out today. That addition should improve notifications throughout the site for mobile users.

1 Like

Weird that they all require the webkit version. I forgot Chrome switched over, I should have tried other browsers earlier to see. I think I have one that is chromium still, and then Opera mobile somewhere.