Which Pitcher should I keep?

Have to cut either SP Eric Lauer or SP/RP Garrett Whitlock…In my league Whitlock’s salary is $11 while Lauer’s salary is $4…They are both coming off really good 2nd halves of 2022…Whitlock has the dual role with him, but he’s supposed to be in rotation for Red Sox this year…He is currently injured and may miss the start of the season and be on the I for a little bit…Who is the better pitcher to keep fir 2023? Thanks

1 Like

Which to keep?

• $11 Whitlock
  • $4 Lauer

0 voters

1 Like

Honestly, I would be tempted to cut both at that those prices.

3 Likes

The poll is for who should I keep not cut…Correct?

The poll you created for me is which pitcher should I keep, correct? Thanks

Yeah? I mean he just said he’d cut both. Take that for what it is worth, you’re the one asking for input.

In the future you can build your own poll and phrase the question however you’d like. Just click the gear icon when you start posting.

1 Like

I would hold onto the $4 Lauer and attempt to land Whitlock for less than $11 in the draft.

Thanks for everyone contributing on poll and for the other opinions…I decided to keep Lauer and cut Whitlock…His price was affecting my budget some and he just got recently injured so I think Lauer is the safer bet to keep…

1 Like

Both are cuts for me, but I’d pick Whitlock if I had to keep one.

One thing to note is that the pitcher eligibility doesn’t really matter like it does for hitters. Hitters have to be slotted into the role they have (1b, 2b, etc). However, a pitcher listed as an RP can be slotted into an SP slot, and an SP can be slotted into an RP slot.

This does not mean that you accumulate points or stats regardless of where you place them for pitchers. You have to slot them into where they actually play. If you have a pitcher in an SP slot, and they come in for relief, you won’t get the stats. The same is true for pitchers in RP slots who start. This could become important as some teams (cough Tampa) use a lot of openers, and a pitcher who regularly is an RP, is considered a starter in the eyes of the Ottoneu system.

I just mention this because it seems you were holding some extra value for Whitlock’s dual eligibility. That isn’t really important as say a 2b/3b eligible hitter.

4 Likes