Why doesn’t top players include certain players?

Specifically, the overall top players list - and the top RB list - doesn’t include, for example, Raheem Mostert or Zack Moss, even though they are number 3 and number 4 in point totals at the position.

I assume this has something to do with the “based on AAV” thing - which I assume means their value is averaged over the last few years, or their whole career. Just curious how those calculations are made, and if there’s any way to see that data.

Thanks for all the great work, Niv!

2 Likes

AAV is average auction value or average salary. In this case, Mostert and Moss both have a smaller average salary than the last guy on the list, Elijah Mitchell. I think there is probably a good argument that for some positions (WR, RB) this list should be a little longer and include more players. I think the cut off is 50ish? Maybe even fewer. Let me look at that right now.

EDIT It’s a universal 40 count. I’m going to make that number dynamically larger for WR and RB right now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

2 Likes

I’ve increased the number of results for top players by quite a bit, and I believe this should help make those All top players and FA top players links a bit more useful.

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks for that, Niv. Really appreciate it.

2 Likes