Are timezones working as expected?

Hey @nivshah. I remember seeing that during the hiatus you implemented user-adjustable timezones on the site. (Users can now set their own timezone).

I set mine to Pacific Time (technically the interface calls it “Los Angeles,” but same thing), and that had the expected effect on things like transaction timestamps. Now that we have our first day of games, I see that the game times listed on the Lineups page are Eastern Time. I was expecting them to show up for me as Pacific. Is this working the way you intended?

2 Likes

Nope that’s unexpected. I’ll keep this bug for tomorrow in case anything comes up today but will check this out.

Just confirming - is the issue only on the lineup page or is it everywhere now? Gonna ping @varsityshortcut because it looks like they are also experiencing this.

For the record I am not currently able to recreate this locally. I see times in the correct timezone. Any information on where you’re seeing times that don’t respect your timezone setting would be greatly appreciated.

Seeing this everywhere. Lineups page, transactions page, etc. I’ll try setting it to central to see if that changes things.

Ah! Looks like it’s just the LA timezone that doesn’t work. Others like Chicago and Phoenix are as expected

2 Likes

I was wrong when I said Transactions were showing up with Pacific Time. Sorry about that.

I am seeing Eastern Time everywhere.

Can you confirm in your profile settings that your timezone is set correctly?

Nevermind I see that for @GRPhilipp it is set to LA. This may be related to swapping servers so let me see if I can recreate in production.

1 Like

Alright! LA timezone in production does not work. Confirmed. Will look into what is going on a little bit later today.

1 Like

Ok, this should be fixed!

1 Like

Confirmed fixed

2 Likes

Yep. Fixed. Thanks!