Catcher who DHs question

Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere:

If I have Alejandro Kirk in my second catcher slot and Danny Jansen in my first, and Kirk DHs and Jansen catches, I cannot get credit for Kirk’s game, correct?

I’m trying to figure out how to work with Kirk if he’s in the lineup more or less daily but DHing more than half the time. Seems entirely possible the Jays break camp with three catchers, complicating the situation further.

Am I missing something? Or is this an insuperable complexifier?

You’ll get credit for Kirk’s stats when he DHs if you start him at catcher.

It’s only with pitchers that this applies. That is, you only get stats from a SP when he’s slotted into a SP spot and only from a RP when he’s slotted into a RP slot.

1 Like

Or if your question is “can you records stats from two catchers on the same day,” the answer is also yes.

Yeah I think you are conflating the pitcher rule with position players. You can play a position player in any position they are eligible and get credit as long as they play. Where you played them in your lineup and where they played in real life on a given day do not have to align, and the games will count towards where you played them in your lineup.

Thank you guys both very much. But does this mean, if Jansen catches and Kirk DHs and they’re occupying the two catcher slots, that two catcher games are tallied?

Yes.

1 Like