Display of time zone across the site

A bit confused where the local time zone has been adjusted and where it hasn’t (transaction completion, game start time, etc.). Would be helpful to have confirmed in each location a time stamp is used and/or have the time zone displayed somewhere on the site and verified it’s consistent across all time stamps.

So pretty much everywhere on the site, times should be converted for you. If there are any places where the timezone seems to not be applied, let me know.

Thanks Niv. I believe I saw an issue with the time stamp on when a trade would be processed (defaulted to ET).

1 Like

I’ll check that out first.

Looks like all the date/times when viewing a trade are not considering user timezones. I’ll get to this tonight.

Are time zones on the “Todays Stats” page supposed to be local? Or are those pulled in from fangraphs or something? I live in PST and times are EST.

1. It’s EDT and PDT right now (daylight savings)

2. Have you actually set your timezone?

The live page definitely uses the user timezone as long as it is set.

I have not set my timezone lol. Is that a user input, or commish input?

I’d recommend clicking on the post referenced in the post above yours.

1 Like

The View Trade portion of the site now respects user timezone preferences.

I’ll investigate if adding the timezone to every timestamp makes sense given the premium on screen space.

Thanks Niv! Appreciate the quick turnaround.

I think part of it was confusion from the fact it changed to show user time zone and that it was inconsistent, so it could become more natural going forward if consistent. Also I tend to use desktop more than mobile in regards to the space limitations.

2 Likes