End of the 2019 baseball season megathread

Today, pitching points were removed for teams that did not hit the minimum threshold for IP in 4x4 leagues (1250IP).

Tomorrow, cap penalties will be removed and inflation applied, and position eligibility will be updated for all players.

Wednesday or Thursday, prizes will be sent out for the 2019 season. Due to issues with our past method of sending out money, I am using a different technical solution this year. It should be more consistent and easier to claim your money.

I’ll update this thread as these steps are carried out. Here are a couple past threads that answer common questions:

2 Likes

This afternoon I’ll be re-running stats to make sure our final outcomes are correct. I will not be changing the outcomes of any playoff games unless your league’s championship game is affected in some way. The teams that made the playoffs this year and won/lost in the early rounds are considered locked.

Stats are final. Please reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

We will be sending out prizes on Wednesday.

Cap penalties and loans will be removed, default salary increases will be applied, and position eligibility will be updated Thursday.

3 Likes

Prizes and the subsequent end of year events are slightly delayed while we wait for PayPal to confirm a few things. I’ll update this thread soon, but I do not expect this to go into next week as of now.

1 Like

Stats are completely finalized and match MLB’s official box scores.

As of now:

Prizes will be sent out Friday morning.

Cap penalties and loans will be removed, default salary increases will be applied, and position eligibility will be updated Friday afternoon.

Were stats rerun today with changes prior to finalization? Several standings changed, and in tight leagues it impacted some key placements

Yes, there were 8 MLB stat corrections over the course of the season that were originally missed and fixed as of when I just posted.

1 Like

Do you have a list of those 8 changes for those curious?

I do, in fact:

4/13 SDN AT ARI, In the bottom of the 2nd, Carson Kelly reaches on a single, instead of on an error by third baseman Manny Machado.

4/21 ATL at CLE, In the top of the 1st inning, the error charged to Francisco Lindor has been changed to a single for Brian McCann.

4/21 PHI at COL, In the top of the 4th inning, Cesar Hernandez is now credited with a single. There is no error on Garrett Hampson.

6/6 OAK at ANA, In the top of the 5th inning, Stephen Piscotty flies out to left fielder Brian Goodwin. Matt Chapman scores. Khris Davis to third base on throwing error by left fielder Brian Goodwin, instead of a sacrifice fly for Stephen Piscotty.

7/14 LAD at BOS, In the bottom of the 1st inning, the single for Xander Bogaerts has been changed to a fielding error charged to Chris Taylor. As a result, the two runs that scored in the inning are now unearned to Hun-jin Ryu.

8/6 COL AT HOU, In the top of the 6th inning, Daniel Murphy reaches on an error by third baseman Alex Bregman, instead of a single. As a result, the three runs charged to pitcher Zack Greinke are now unearned, instead of earned.

8/7 ATL AT MIN, In the bottom of the 6th inning, Jorge Polanco reaches on an error by shortstop Charlie Culberson, instead of a single. As a result, the three runs charged to pitcher Max Fried are now unearned, instead of earned.

8/13 BOS at CLE, In the top of the 10th inning, Xander Bogaerts reaches on an infield single to second baseman Jason Kipnis, instead of reaching on a fielder’s choice to second baseman Kipnis.

8/31 PIT AT COL, In the top of the 1st inning, Josh Bell singles, instead of reaching on an error by third baseman Nolan Arenado. As a result, the run scored by Bryan Reynolds is now unearned for pitcher Tim Melville, instead of earned.

I miscounted, there were 9 corrections.

2 Likes

In the future we will be more aggressive about catching scoring corrections closer to when MLB posts them.

1 Like

Prizes have been sent via PayPal and can be claimed any time for the next 30 days.

2 Likes

Cap penalties and loans have been removed and default salary increases are being applied. Position eligibility has been updated as well. Arbitration starts in 11 days.

Thanks for a great 2019 Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball season!

1 Like

Either I’m…obsessed (:grimacing:)…or it’s kinda fun to watch the increases go through, heh.

1 Like

Will the 60IL be removed as well at some point?

The MLB 60IL goes away after the World Series and players will be removed from it automatically at that time.