End of the 2021 baseball season megathread

Sorry, I should read the rules before I post.

Very helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Lots of moving parts since we are finally out of the shadow of 2020 special rules.

I think it counts as Hobby Income

FWIW, I report it on my tax returns. Although it’s offset by gambling losses from the state lottery, LOL. So I don’t pay taxes on it.

4x4 teams that did not meet minimum inning thresholds have had their pitching points removed.

OPL prizes are now available in the store. Review the OPL Prize Tracker thread for how to get your t-shirt at a steep discount from the retail price of $1mil

1 Like

Cash prizes for both Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball and OPL will be sent out via PayPal tomorrow, unless any stat issues are brought to my attention.

1 Like

LOL… same! Wreaked havoc on my spreadsheets

Any thoughts to offering Ottoneu credits in lieu of cash payoffs? I’m just going to roll it right back into Ottoneu teams anyway, and you’re getting clipped coming and going processing payments.

1 Like

I believe hobby income has to be reported anyway, but I thought this was gambling income similar to hitting the pick six at Saratoga. There is a reason why people pay the sweeper at the Spa for the losing tickets he collects. :cry: :laughing:

It would be a nice idea and I’ve considered it in the past but ultimately think the full flexibility of cash is the most customer-friendly approach to prizes.

Despite earlier site issues, still on track for prizes today.

2 Likes

Prizes are currently being sent out via PayPal. If you are expecting a prize from Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball or OPL you should see an email in your relevant email account shortly.

1 Like

I was not able to kick this off early enough this morning. This process will now happen tomorrow AM.

3 Likes

This process has been kicked off. I expect it to take a few hours. Will update when completed.

In our league, cap penalties were removed, and teams in what would be considered an illegal state in-season in the past are flagged as in an illegal state for the off-season (too many players, over cap.) I was over in salary and cut a couple players to get under, but was charged a cap penalty for the cut. Will there be another removal of cap penalties?

No. That was the one-time removal of all cap penalties.

You really should not cut players until the keeper deadline. After November 15, all cuts are penalty-free, but there is absolutely no reason to cut players until late January.

I will look into why any team would be considered illegal right now, but I’m guessing that on October 15 all that will go away.

Default salary increases are complete. Let me know in this thread or via email if you have any issues related to salary increases.

I’ve removed all active cap penalties manually. Please do not cut any players until after arbitration is completed.

No teams should be in an illegal state any more, and position eligibility will be updated overnight. Trophies should be showing up now as well. I forgot a step where I usually manually flip the Calendar over the day after the MLB regular season ends.

1 Like