Fantasy Basketball

I’m not a big fan of FBA, though I play in a H2H cats League on ESPN

to me it’s the ultimate streaming game, since after the first handful of draft rounds, the rest of the player pool is largely interchangeable, leading to weekly adds/drops to maximize games played against the soft cap

Just checking in to see if there is any more traction on this? Obviously it won’t be happening this season, but any positive movement?

1 Like

Yeah I’m still extremely interested and I think it would work really well with existing Ottoneu systems in place. I think something like the GS cap that exists for starting pitchers in H2H Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball would translate really nicely to H2H fantasy basketball, for example.

2020 wasn’t a total loss of a year financially but we did give back some of our growth and we will need to see what 2021 looks like before investing in a new game. Two concrete steps if you’re interested in us growing into basketball are 1) continue to support Ottoneu and 2) vocalize your interest in this thread.

EDIT: Just to be clear, when I say “new game” I mean a new sport with the associated data costs.

4 Likes

1) continue to support Ottoneu CHECK, 10 teams this year. Ha and 2) vocalize your interest in this thread. Still very interested in NBA Ottoneu!

6 Likes

Nailed it. Thanks for loving Ottoneu!

2 Likes

Also would be interested in basketball! Not quite ten teams but 4 In cash leagues!

4 Likes

OTTONEU BASKETBALL will live! i would be very interested! i gotta get all the obscure shooters ahead of time and hope some of them pop! i just wanna be invested in long term rostering of NBA players! and have another angle to keep an eye on games! i think the Ottoneu archetype matched with the NBA would be electric!

4 Likes

Geoff endorses interest in ottoneu basketball

3 Likes

I too would love Ottoneu basketball. As long as slow doesn’t make me roster Russ I would love to use my college basketball knowledge to flex lol

4 Likes

+1 on this thread, Ottoneu basketball would be amazing. I’m 7 Ottoneu baseball leagues in and this is by far my favorite baseball format - would love to see it extended to hoops!

3 Likes

+1 I’d be interested in Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball. I have played both baseball and football on Ottoneu the last few years, by far my favorite platform and leagues for both!

3 Likes

Same! Would definitely be able to muster up a start up league if it were on Ottoneu. Is there any chance of it happening in the Fall or is it still too niche a product?

2 Likes

2+ months until the season starts…is ‘21-‘22 the year for Ottoneu Basketball?? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

A genie badge for @Wimble 4 years later

2 Likes