Football Roster Organizer not working for rookies

My Roster organizer is more/less useless. Set it all up, doesn;t add properly, refresh it and the whole thing is reset. Not adjusting salary cap figures in agreement with the player salaries. Pesky bugs like “place Jaelon Reagor” on the cut list… never works. Always back on my bench after a refresh. Can’t move CEH off my bench to the organizer lineup without seeing him back on my bench at next view. Seems broken.

Fixes coming?

Could you let me know what browser and hardware you are using? And if you’ve tried clearing your browser’s cache?

Anyone else having Football Roster Organizer issues?

I just tried doing a few things with my roster organizer and they all worked fwiw…

It seems to be working fine for me. I was able to move players from my bench into starting lineup and back again without any issues.

I’m using Windows 10, latest version of Firefox (Lenovo X1 Extreme Edition, Generation 2). I can test it out on either iOS (iPad 7th generation) and/or Android (Samsung S8+) if that would be helpful. I’ve been able to use the baseball roster organizer on both devices recently (last week or so) without any issues.

1 Like

The football one is different and this issue seems to be focused on football…

1 Like

To clarify, I was able to utilize the football roster organizer today on the Windows 10 machine without any issues. Just offering to test it on my iOS and/or Android devices if that would be helpful (and just pointing out has worked for me on baseball, but I haven’t used it for football on those devices in recent memory).

1 Like

I’m using the latest Chrome on an old MacBook Pro.

The roster organizer issue has been around for months (on my end anyway). I haven’t raised it because- baseball matters are more important- but we’re getting too close to football now.

Thanks, Niv, for looking into it.

1 Like

To clarify, it isn’t totally broken… just certain players don’t work with it. Which is weird.

Reagor, CEH, some guys who were in college last year but in the pros now, stuff like that. It works fine for most of my players- they go where they’re supposed to etc.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I’ll check that out tonight. And thanks for the confirmation walt!

1 Like

So here’s another example of the malfunction.

I have a bunch of guys I am going to cut, guys who were in college last year. When I place them in the “cut” section, they don’t stick there upon refresh. For whatever reason neither does Jalen Reagor (who has received far more attention from me on the community page than he deserves).

Been going on since last season, across browsers. I’m sure I’ve cleared my cache innumerable times since then.

Low priority but something I’ve been meaning to mention. Thanks Niv!

Meanwhile, JaMarr Chase and Amon-Ra St Brown (both still designated under their NCAA teams) present no problems when moving around the various sections of the organizer.

So maybe be something with players who have been promoted from college to the pros at some point (maybe while you were rolling the organizer out?)… but it’s not all of them (e.g. Chase Claypool, drafted with CEH last year, is treated normally).

1 Like

I think I know what’s up here but it will take me a bit to make the correct fix. Will update soon!

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks again! One step closer to perfection!

1 Like

@MLB Could you link me to your team and tell me its name? Will help me investigate this faster.

Sorry for the delay, link to my organizer page: https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/football/144/roster_organizer
“ETn Phone Mahomes”

1 Like

Ok, I figured out what is going on here. I am working on making sure the fix I have won’t slow things down too much but should have this up this week.

1 Like

Very good, sir!

I will keep intact enough of my roster so that I can test the results. The organizer is a luxury and not a must-have, but it certainly has its utility and is well worth correcting. I can manage without, but I’m plugged-in to ottoneu… that may not be the case for others, and I don’t want to see people jumping ship!

Many thanks.

The fix is live. When you first visit your roster organizer you may see players in different positions than you last had them, which was necessary in order to fix the bug.

You should no longer see players that are not on your team anymore and you should be able to move players around and have their new position save going forward.

This affected all leagues and all teams across Ottoneu Fantasy Football.

1 Like

Ok great- I’m going to restart everything and try it out. I’ll be back with feedback soon. Anything to distract from a 110 pt deficit in OPL!

UPDATE: Good work Niv, the fix has taken! Thanks again!!

1 Like

Hi, not sure if a related issue, but I am having problems with adding targets to the roster organizer and them persisting on a refresh. I have a picture of two added targets and a picture after a refresh page in which they are now gone

1 Like