Interested in Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball but missed Opening Day?

We have a lot of new visitors thanks in no small part to this profile in the Washington Post. A lot of you probably wish you knew about Ottoneu a tad bit earlier so you could get in on the fun this season. Well I’m here to tell you that it is never too late! Here are some ideas for those of you who are ready to take the Ottoneu plunge even though we’re 2 weeks into the 2021 MLB season.

First, this advice from @Mulligan is spot on:

Teams will become available as the season goes on if you’re interested in picking up an existing team in an existing league. I highly recommend this as a way to get acclimated to Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball and I know I’m not alone. The Managers Seeking Leagues has plenty of people on it that have posted within the last 30 days, so I believe a new league or two would be filled up pretty quickly.

As a slight aside, if you start a league now until the end of June, you’ll have to pay for the 2021 season. If you decide to start a league on July 1, 2021 or later, you will receive the rest of this season for free and not have to extend your dynasty until 2023.

If anyone decides to take the plunge and start a new league, here are some assurances:

1. If you are not able to fill out your league in a reasonable time, you and anyone else who signed up for your league will receive a full refund.

2. If you decide some of the settings you chose for 2021 are not quite right, you can change them in the off-season before the 2022 season.

3. Not to directly repeat myself, but if you post your league to the Owners Wanted → Ottoneu 101 forum with some basic information about your league scoring system, etc, I am confident your league will fill up quickly.

I appreciate everyone who is interested in Ottoneu and wants to start playing, and hopefully this post will give you some confidence to start or join a new league even though the MLB season has started. We have leagues that have been running since we launched in 2011, so losing a couple of weeks or a month of a MLB season is not a big deal.

Feel free to ask any questions about getting started in this thread. Thanks for your interest and support of Ottoneu Fantasy Sports!

6 Likes

Quick question about starting after July to have league fees counted through 2022… if I were to create a league today but we didn’t draft until July, would that work to get the free six months of Ottoneu? Or do I need to wait until after July 1st to create the league in order to qualify for the promotion?

Any leagues created on or after July 1, 2021 will have an initial renewal date in January 2023. Any leagues created now up until the end of June will need to renew in January 2022.