Issues with PayPal 5/20/2023

I moved this post away from a thread that is meant only for updates - please either start a new thread or email help@ottoneu.com, but do not post a question to a thread that is meant to be mostly clean for just updates from me to the community.

We got banned from PayPal because they designated us as a gambling site. I hinted at this here:

I don’t know why they designated us and not other sites. They didn’t give us any time to respond and didn’t accept our responses when we gave them.

I never explicitly explained all this because it seemed blindingly obvious that the change off of PayPal was not my choice and because I wasn’t sure if our appeals to them would go anywhere (they did not).

It was not my choice and none of the timing in this process has been up to me and the assumption that I would do something like this lightly and so poorly timed on my own accord is, to say the least, a weird one.

I do not care to write on the record any more about our situation with PayPal this year, but if you buy me a beer sometime we can have a chat.

3 Likes