Lineup Splits are now live

There are now a variety of splits available on the Lineups page.

I am fairly confident these are speedier than the splits that we had on the site in 2014, and on top of that we have recent performance (last 7, last 15, last 30). Check 'em out, and let us know what you think.

8 Likes

I should add - if you’re not seeing these work properly, please clear your cache or refresh the page. There is some new Javascript that your browser will need to download.

YES! This is amazing! Split choices are pretty good too. I could see an argument for Home vs. Away splits just for guys in Colorado but I that could also be too much clutter than its worth.

These are great! Any chance of seeing hitter splits in games started? That helps with start/sit decisions.

This is terrific - thanks Niv. Huge addition.

1 Like

that’s what you see when you see “in lineup…”

Yay! Thank you, Niv!

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t clear…I meant games started in real life. Pinch hitting and defensive replacement games significantly skew the stats for anyone who isn’t a full-time starter, so it helps to determine points per game in games started when you want to decide between a couple of platoon guys.

Niv – It seems like the batter splits are adding up incorrectly. For example, Jose Abreu is shown as averaging 5.82 PPG overall, but the vs. L split shows him at 4.37 PPG and the vs. R split has him at 3.66. Maybe I’m missing something here conceptually, but shouldn’t one of those numbers be above 5.82 and one below it and then it averages out proportionally? Thanks!

This thread explains why there is that weirdness.

Ah. . . thanks. I searched but didn’t find that thread. I’m guessing you haven’t moved forward with the P / AB column because it would clutter up the UI too much to have that and a P / G column, which makes sense. The only suggestion I could think of is to leave it as P / G in the default and time-series views, and then switch it to P / AB for the vs. L / R splits view.

We don’t have splits on a per AB basis as of now.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trends Drop-down on the Lineups Page