New league, slow draft possibly starting on opening day? (league now full)

Last year was my first year experiencing Ottoneu, and I loved it! But I would say our league had too many “casuals” and unfortunately we weren’t able to reup. Would have been nice to know a month ago or so but here I am lol. A bit late but would love to join (or create) a new league. Don’t care about the scoring system. Also, I haven’t tried a slow draft but that seems like it would work the best considering how close we are to opening day unless you have 9 hours for a start up haha. Ill keep looking to see if there is a new start up league looking for another manager as well.

2 Likes

In addition to continuing to watching the messages here, you can also check the following locations for available teams.

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/joinleague

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/claimteams

2 Likes

I’d be into a slow-draft league, especially with weekly lineups.

1 Like

I’m interested…are there still openings?

Okay, let me set up the league (Niv said if the league doesn’t happen or whatever it would be fully refunded.)

20 dollar league? 50 dollar league? Thoughts?

2 Likes

Slow draft through Couch Managers?

1 Like

yes, have you done one thru there before? Would really like someone in the league who has some experience with that

I have done it through Couch Managers before, it’s super easy, and a lot of fun. Definitely a good choice!

1 Like

awesome! you down for another league?

I’m in!

2 Likes

ahhh, youre tyler! awesome

2 Likes

Hey dowie,

Thanks for giving this a go, and I hope you get enough teams. I might sign up – slow draft sounds great. Two questions— are you all open to new ottoneu folks (I have fantasy experience, but no ottoneu). And is the 5x5 scoring for sure or is that a placeholder until you get enough owners? Might prefer the FGPT or SABR if it will be open for consideration. Obviously no worries if not.

Thanks

1 Like

hey coop,
this is totally open to new players and we will probably stay with the 5x5 because that is the only game mode that allows for weekly lineups, the points leagues are daily lineups. But, the playoffs will be points daily lineups, so kinda the best of both worlds. but totally up to you!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind reply! I did not know that about the weekly lineups and scoring format, so thanks very much. I will think on it. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I think you can do weekly lineups for points… lmk if you get an error doing that. Not h2h but season points

2 Likes

Thanks nivshah! But dowie, please do not go changing it because I asked. You and the other owners who have signed up should obviously take precedence. I was just wondering if it had been decided. I will assume it is 5x5 when making a call on joining. Thanks!!!

1 Like

oh I see, I will take a look, thanks

I was hoping for H2H points, but I do like the weekly lineups and am totally fine with 5x5. One question before I accept…can you give an overview of how the slow draft works? How much time per pick? I will be on a bus heading for Florida starting 4/10 and will be chaperoning a school trip to Disney that week haha. I would love to join but want to make sure I can actually draft.

@Greenman5280 hey tyler, you wanna share some knowledge with this guy?