New league, slow draft possibly starting on opening day? (league now full)

also, my wife is a choir director…ive done the chaperone disney trip before (CA) lol. have fun!!

I’m not sure if this answers the question exactly, and I’ve never done a Couch Managers draft either, but this is a pretty good thread on it:

2 Likes

Thanks! Haha I’m a choir director too…

1 Like

Slow Draft Overview:

• Each team gets 3 nominations, meaning 36 players will be up for auction at one time. (It doesn’t have to be 3 noms per team, it could be 2, or 4, or whatever the commissioner decides. 3 is probably a good start, and then once people get the hang of how the draft works you can increase it to 4, 5, etc., We could also start with 2 noms per team, until everyone gets their feet wet and then increase the noms per team to a higher number.

• Each player is then on the block for 12 hours, once the clock on a player gets below 8 hours every bid on that player will reset that player’s clock back to 8 hours. Once 8 hours passes with no bids on a player, that player goes to whoever hid the highest bid. (Those times are customizable as well, but those seems to be the times most recommended).

• You’ll put your “max” bid on a player and it will keep increasing your bid amount until your max is reached. Once someone surpasses your max bid, you typically get an email alert letting you know.

It’s a really fun way to draft, especially to draft a start up league without taking 8 full hours of one day. The commissioner can choose to stop the clocks overnight, but if we do a 12 hour initial / 8 hour reset times, that shouldn’t be necessary. Everyone will place their bids on the players they want, check back every 6 - 8 hours to see if they need nominate anyone or increase any bids, and that’s how it’ll go until everyone runs out of money, or their team is full. The best part is to set your bids, go to sleep, and then wake up to see who you won. Although sometimes you wake up to find the player you wanted still has 8 hours left on his clock, meaning you got outbid. . .

3 Likes

That’s super useful. Thank you! How many days does a draft for new league typically take then?

I’ve only done Couch Managers once, but it seemed to go pretty quickly, maybe about a week before it was all said and done with, give or take depending on how many noms we start off with and how many times we increase the number of noms throughout the draft. Towards the end of the draft, we could easily be doing 4 - 5 noms per team, meaning 48 to 60 players being auctioned at a time. Most of those will go without too many “clock resets” as people run out of money and get more selective.

2 Likes

I’m looking to join a 5x5 league myself so if it stays 5x5, I’m in. I’ve never done Couch Managers myself. Is the draft run through Ottoneu draft room or is that what Couch Managers is?

hey, sorry the league filled up. But i bet there will be some other leagues joining on here as the season gets ready to start. again, sorry about that

Oh, no problem If someone drops out, let me know.

1 Like