Notification Emails Missing?

Can all leagues ban together and veto this collusion? Don’t worry. I’m done after this.

2 Likes

I am not getting any notifcations starting Monday August 21.

Wow. I haven’t received any email from Ottoneu for more than a week. This explains it all

Let us know when to has be resolved. Thanks for the update. In the meantime I am using mu icloud account which I can receive the ottoneu emails on my computer but not on my phone which is android. So, that is not ideal.

I got some feedback from AWS/Google today and will need a couple of days to implement it, but I think we are close to getting emails back on. The feedback is actually similar to this wishlist request:

Rather than sending an email on every auction/cut player/message board posting/trade accepted, we are going to move towards sending emails that group these, so something like “all auctions started in this league in the last 4 hours”.

We’ll continue to send individual team message notifications and trade proposals the way we do now.

Thanks for everyone’s patience!

6 Likes

Assuming this will be the default, will there remain an option to get an email for every transaction in real time? Really appreciate the immediacy if it’s still possible!

I jumped the gun a little yesterday and am waiting for more feedback from the Amazon side before making a final determination on how to proceed.

So, have these emails been bounced, or are they in limbo? Just wondering if - once this is fixed - I should be expecting a flood of 100s of missed emails hitting my inbox.

They are being bounced at a level before they reach anyone’s inbox, and then after 840 (!) minutes they are expiring.

In the last few days I’ve also literally stopped sending league-wide emails to Gmail and only Gmail.

You should not get a deluge of emails whenever this gets resolved.

2 Likes

It’s a small thing, but you have accepted trades on the periodic notification list. I think I’d rather accepted trades be on the immediate notification side along with direct messages and proposals.

Amazon yesterday suggested that all emails we send to full leagues at once (including “This trade was accepted in your league”) was being flagged as spam by Google. They’ve walked that back a bit and again I’m just waiting to learn more before figuring out the solution.

However, if emails sent to the whole league have an inherent spammy quality to Gmail going forward, we will not be able to send any of those in real-time.

I’m seeing good progress on basketball and football league emails. Still awaiting word from AWS on how to proceed with baseball emails.

I’ve made some changes to how we send basketball and football emails and have made it over 24 hours without any bounces from Gmail. As a result I’ve turned league-wide baseball emails back on without any changes. I’ll keep a close eye on any bounce rate issues and report back if I have to make any changes.

4 Likes

I seems to be working again. Thanks.

1 Like

We’re good, no unexpected bounces in the last 24 hours. I appreciate everyone’s patience as whatever just happened happened.

2 Likes