Ottoneu Baseball Strategy Collection

I’m new to Ottoneu having just joined the Stats N@ league who by the way need a couple new managers 1 2. I’ve been furiously reading articles about Ottoneu baseball since I have never played in anything like this before. I just thought I would start a post with links to all the articles (and a few Youtube videos) that have been helping me learn about Ottoneu strategy. Hopefully, it will save someone else the time taken to search for all these. I will continue to update this post as I read and find articles. If you have any suggestions, leave a link below.

General Articles

Auction

Roster Building

Trades

Off Season

8 Likes

This is excellent stuff!!

1 Like

Auction Prep

was also useful

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll add that to my reading list.

This is really great, thanks for taking the initiative! Here’s a couple more in the general articles / tips for beginners section:

1 Like

Thanks. I tried to read the WP article but they have it behind a paywall.

1 Like

Email my username at gmail.com and I can send you a PDF of it.

1 Like

https://archive.is/SiAvg

3 Likes

Thanks Niv

1 Like

Anyone know why I can’t update this post anymore? After 15 edits it won’t allow me to add anymore articles. Does it have something to do with my trust level in the forum because I’m new?

I’ll check it out. Probably some forum setting. See if that helps

Thanks, that worked.

1 Like

This was a forum post some years ago that I found very helpful when doing my own valuations:

It’s from January 2017 so it’s possible that things have changed a bit since SP are throwing fewer innings. But Justin went through and came up with how many players at each position are drafted in a typical Ottonue auction.

When you value players, you do so by setting a replacement level for each position (or collection of positions). This post gives some insight into how to do that.

1 Like