Ottoneu Football - NFL Drafted players in pool 2x

Ottoneu team

I’m seeing that players that were drafted in the NFL draft are in the player pool twice. Example I am trying to trade for Tank Bigsby AUB that is already on a teams roster from last season but I see a Tank Bigsby JAC also. Is there any Eason for this and what will happen to deals that get done with the college players?

My recollection is that this happens every year and Niv always fixes it. I think it may be an artifact of how Rotowire gives different player ids to NCAA players and NFL players. Last year there were a few UDFA who were duplicates right before draft season started, but that got taken care of before August.

2 Likes

Thread from last August about this issue: Duplicate Players in Ottoneu Football Universe

2 Likes

Yep Walt nailed it. I’m traveling right now but will try to link up those records soon. Since no one can sign FAs right now it shouldn’t be much more than an annoyance but it’s definitely an annoyance.

3 Likes

Niv. Ok thx for checking. Really just wanted to ensure that if the current college players are being moved in off-season deals that will be the ultimate right player record.

Safe travels :+1:

1 Like

They will!

Newly drafted NCAA players should now be linked to their NFL records and only show up once in search, etc.

1 Like