Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, April 2020

@OttoneuOOTP21

The April 6 save file is up and the league website is up.

We will sim to April 13 at 8pm ET tomorrow night. Sunday, April 12 will be real-time simmed.

1 Like

My major league option guys broke again, including one who was fixed yesterday (Sam Wolff, who hasn’t been added to the 40-man), and Danny Valencia, who I literally signed to a minor league contract today. I’ve already been forced to pay a portion of their salaries because if I hit release, it says will have have to pay a prorated penalty.

is the plan to keep simming a week per day?

Yeah, unless it causes problems.

Did everyone else have MLB options exercised? is there something exercising them that we are not considering?

All three of the OKC guys reset and are on our MLB payroll again. Biagini, Stanek and Pence. None of the three have been anywhere but AAA. Not a huge deal, but it does confirm the bug.

Trade alert: the Baltimore Archers send P Erik Swanson to the Nashville Nightcaps in exchange for 1B Christian Walker

1 Like

Team Nashville confirms this trade

Same here re: milb/mlb option guys.

I have a feeling this piece of the game is broken, fait accompli.

I have a possible work around for the bug? A motion.

Be it resolved that since MiLB30 contracts are not functioning as intended, let us decide today whether to keep or cut these guys.

1 Like

I second your motion - how would that be implemented? Maybe there will be a fix by next off season

Typically any overarching rule changing decision in a fantasy league is supposed to require a 2/3 vote in favour. Some decisions, like trade vetos, are a simple majority. 50 per cent +1.

But I’d defer to the commish on the finer details, including whether a vote is required. This could just be executed by decree because it’s a gameplay issue and we need to fix it without having to shudder to a stop every sim.

I meant how would Niv do it :joy:

Niv is the grand overlord. If he decides to implement, no vote necessary. Beyond that, veto is a dirty word we won’t discuss.

1 Like

Boo I don’t want to do anything.

No, we just have to decide as a group of x number of managers that used this function.

I’m not in favor of voting for anything to be clear. Nivs sim, Nivs rules

OKC supports the authoritarian rule of our beloved despot Niv.

Also, the idea of allowing penalty free cuts of the option contract guys seems reasonable, ya know, if Niv approves.

It’s broken, so I think we just accept that we can’t offer these kinds of contracts anymore. As for affected players, I’d say move them onto your 40-man if you want to keep them and if not make the decision now and we can ask Niv really nicely for one round of cuts.

I completely agree, and don’t get me started on my position on trade vetoing. Simply put, vetos are generally dumb.

This won’t work, because some got auto-added to the 40-man

Mine didn’t. If they got “auto-added” then something else is going on.

But who cares, the point is moot – just decide who you want to cut and we can ask for one round of cuts.

1 Like