Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, April 2020

Some of mine were added in both rounds, as were other teams’

Simplest solution is the following: you make a list of those guys, they get remarked as having major league options. Before the next export, each team must add to active roster or cut. Anyone not cut, you’re stuck with paying.

Or your suggestion too, that works!

Just keep it simple. Decide who you want to cut. No need for active roster.

Pending the assent of our benevolent overlord, of course.

2 Likes

This sounds fine to me. I will make a player a total FA, as long as that player had a contract I edited sometime before Opening Day. Just post anyone you want to do that with here.

I also found a button for clearing salary retention, so I think I can reduce Alex Avila to a single line on the balance sheet. I’d prefer to punish the Simules for punishing Alex Avila’s pride by paying for him to play somewhere else, but it is probably better for the league that the bug be addressed in some way.

2 Likes

Please remove Valencia and Wolff from Baltimore.

1 Like

I’ll make all these changes after imports and before sims tonight at 8pm ET.

I’ll also be real-time simming Sunday, April 12th.

Please remove Burch Smith from Indianapolis (currently in AA). Thanks!

1 Like

An addendum to the agreement that I will cut players today:

1. I will not do this again for anyone after tonight
  2. Do not use the MILB deal with a guaranteed MLB option mechanic until the OOTP devs announce it is fixed.
2 Likes

Niv, please cut Hunter Pence and Joe Biagini from OKC due to the option bug. We’ll hang on to Stanek. Thanks!

1 Like

After careful consideration, I’ll go ahead and release Miggy and Rex Brothers. The Simules wish them luck.

1 Like

Still looking to improve our finances. Being unable to sign anyone is getting me anxious, and I don’t get the feeling we’ll be contending for a championship. Now don’t get me wrong, this team is gutsy and not without talent. We’ll give you all you can handle.

Trade alert: The Oklahoma City Trash Pandas send RP Scott Oberg to the Baltimore Archers, retaining 100% of his salary, in exchange for OF Austin Hendrick, SS Greg Jones, RP Tyson Ross and C Anthony Seigler.

1 Like

The Archers confirm, and welcome Oberg. We have a plan ready to help him take his game to the next level and become a true late-inning weapon.

1 Like

Trades processed, players turned into FAs, and Alex Avila begrudgingly fixed to only cost 1x his salary.

April 12 real-time sim has begun with Rochester-NY: https://ootp.ottoneu.com/oll/real_time_sim/

For the record, every player that cleared waivers during this period was either assigned to rookie ball or, if they refused assignment, released. Off the top of my head, Anibal Sanchez, Brett Gardner, and Logan Morrison all refused assignment.

Chris Davis accepted moving to rookie ball.

I assume we should wait till the RTS ends before downloading?

Right, so I guess I never made this explicit and had a couple related questions in Slack. The sims will go like this:

1. Will sim normally to Sunday
  2. Will real-time sim Sunday games
  3. Will then update the league website and upload the league save file.
  4. Will post here that those are ready for downloads.

In the playoffs, we’ll do real-time sims for every game.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. Do we have a Slack channel for this league?

1 Like

Yes, #ootp

2 Likes

League save file is updated to April 13 and league website is updated.

Indianapolis and Cleveland have agreed to a trade that sends Jon Lester to Indy for 2B Prospect Harold Coll and $3.8MM in cash. Cleveland will continue to pay Lester’s full salary.

1 Like