Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, Offseason 2020-21

@OttoneuOOTP21

It is offseason time. The next few days ahead of the FA filing deadline can be used to deal with arb candidates and extend any pending FAs.

Please do not trade any pending FAs ahead of the FA filing deadline of November 6. Anyone who does this will be subject to a penalty of my choosing, and also I won’t process them. You are allowed to trade arb candidates.

League save file is up through 10/14 and the website is updated. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

2 Likes

Charlotte Wheat Kings can be renamed any time.
New name: Charlotte Carp Streamers
Stadium name: Koinobori Park
CarpStreamer

2 Likes

New Murder Hornets logo. Murder Hornets

2 Likes

Trade announcement:

The Baltimore Archers have agreed to send LHP Zack Britton to the Nashville Nightcaps in exchange for OF Tim Tawa.

AGM Ben Cherington released a statement this morning saying, “Originally, I didn’t like this deal at all! David convinced me to look further, and this Tawa kid’s makeup is off the charts. We hope he will continue to mature and think he can provide some friendly but serious competition for some of our entrenched guys.”

Local fans appear largely indifferent about the deal. One said, “As long as it wasn’t Clase. I don’t trust anyone else in that ‘pen after last season.”

2 Likes

hella biceps on that hornet

1 Like

I dig this logo Henry

1 Like

Nashville confirms

1 Like

Isotopes have a few arb-eligible players that we are willing to move. 2020 salaries in parens.

Whit Merrifield ($7.1m)
Delino DeShields ($555k)
Manuel Margot ($5.3m)
Domingo Santana ($2.25m)

If you have interest in any of these players please inquire within.

Trade announcement:

Isotopes send:
Nicky Lopez

Nashville sends:
Travis Swaggerty
Brandon Williamson

Nashville confirms

I was thinking is there a way to create a badge for @kevinahof and @thebostinian for winning the world series in our OOTP league?

1 Like

We would certainly wear it proudly.

Some OLL participant and WS winner badges do seem in order.

3 Likes

Are we still simming nightly? Don’t want all these opportunities getting away.

Tonight we’ll be simming ahead to 10/21.
Wednesday, May 20 we will be simming to 10/28
Thursday, May 21 we will be simming to the FA filing deadline, which is 11/6 in-game.

Thanks chief.

1 Like

First offseason import completed and I want to mention a few teams that didn’t get exports out, just to make sure they know things are happening now:

Denver @mkirshenbaum
Mesa @tuggernuts
New Orleans @MikeLikesBaseball
Rochester @vibbot (yeah I know)
San Diego @roark

Now’s when you can avoid arb, extend any impending FAs and vote on awards. Let me know if you don’t want to continue, no judgment.

Also, as a note, we’ll have 2 big changes for the 2021 regular season and beyond:

1. Sims will be every other day instead of daily
  2. We will have a vote and if necessary change the playoff format.

League website: updated.

New save file: up.

In-game date is 10/21

I made a new save file as of 9:42p ET in which I processed the 3 trades that were made. Please download unless you absolutely can’t.

If you made a bunch of changes and did not export yet, do not download the new save file. It will all fix itself tomorrow night.

Milwaukee Milkshakes Trade Block 1.0 (AAV & Years Remaining)
Have:

• Starlin Castro ($9M/2) will retain $
  • Joseph Votto ($15M/1) will retain $
  • Gregory Bird (Arb candidate)
  • Franklin Barreto (Arb eligible in 2022)
  • Tyler O’Neill (Arb eligible in 2022)
  • Marco Luciano (OSA Top 100 Prospect)

Want (in no order)

• 1B/DH w/ Long-Term Value
  • Starter Caliber Catcher
  • #3-ish SP
  • Organizational Depth (Prefer TINSTAPP’s, & OF Prospects with an eta <2024)

All players are available for the right price, yadda yadda, please reach out if interested… likely will focus closer on trades after Arbitration passes