Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, Offseason 2020-21

Nashville is in talks with another team about Grayson Rodriguez, if you’re interested in him send me a message!

The New Orleans Simules are looking to retool after an all in campaign. I expect to compete, but will be looking to shed some player payroll dollars and restock on controllable OLL/near OLL talent.

I’m considering moving any of my players. In particular Craig Kimbrel, DJL, Semien, Goldy, and Verlander have been discussed. I am willing to retain salary in some cases, be it for increased potential return, players closer to the show, etc.

Here is a snip of my salary sheet:

Tucson Dust Devils would like to change their logo to the following:
Tri-City-Dust-Devils-01

And would also like their stadium name to be the Tucson Dust Bowl

6 Likes

Awards start getting announced in-game tomorrow, so I think we have to submit all of our ballots before tonight’s sims. Rock the vote!

5 Likes

The Moose GM is still on board and I like those changes, especially doing a sim every other day.

1 Like

Website updated. It’s now 10/28/20 in-game. New league save file is up.

PHX Volcanoes Trade Block

Catcher: J. Hicks, D. Mesoraco

SS: Jack Mayfield

Util B. Miller, C. Pinder

OF: R. Laureano

SP: E. Rodriguez, R. Lopez, A. Civale, H. Bailey, C. Kluber

RP: ALL

Looking for SP, RP and Young Upside

Carp Streamers Trade Block

RF Michael Conforto, just signed an extension for 2021 and 2022

C Wilson Contreras, under team control through 2022

These guys are elite players at good value. My asking price would be high – a major-league replacement (affordable, decent if not great) and a top prospect. I can balance out trades with lesser minor leaguers.

Also available is Josh VanMeter, many years of team control, decent upside as a super utility player.

I have a lot of depth in my high minors with players that could contribute to the 2021 season for cheap.

I have a need for a starting shortstop.

I could also use bullpen arms and I’d be interested in trading some of my AA and AAA prospects for International players.

1 Like

Today’s last chance saloon for @tuggernuts (Mesa) and @vibbot (Rochester). Their teams will be taken over by AI GMs tonight while we look for replacement GMs, unless I hear from them or see an export before tonight’s sim.

Trading Block Update from Milwaukee Milkshakes General Manager

Following numerous successful negotiations with arbitration candidates and pending free agents, we here at the Shakes hope the city of Milwaukee is excited for 2021. We are comfortable with our roster as constructed through the arbitration deadline, and have no desire to make a trade before the free agency period opens.

We will not comment on the status of negotiations between pending free agents d’Arnaud, Gausman, and Wilson, out of respect for their families, but the result of these negotiations will determine the landscape for our organization through free agency. Additional clarity is needed on these negotiations before moving forward with any trades. The Shakes are open to discussing trades, however, note that additional time is needed before trades will be completed.

Rough Riders Make Aggressive Trade

Despite a 71-win season, the Rough Riders refuse to simply accept cellar-dwelling status and have made an aggressive move to improve a bullpen that sunk a promising season and a young, but talented rotation, acquiring Ken Giles and David Price from the World Series Champion Trash Pandas in exchange for Braden Shewmake, Brailyn Marquez and Sal Stewart.

“While all three prospects have bright futures, we felt we were able to trade from positions of depth to improve our big league club and bring some excitement back to the shores of Lake Erie,” said GM Chad Young. “We look forward to the impact these veteran pitchers will have on our team.”

Asked if this changed the team’s plans for Free Agency, given they are taking on the full $21.5MM owed those two players this year, Young declined to comment.

OKC management is expected to confirm the offer to the commissioner shortly.

5 Likes

Pandas Begin Youth Movement

Fresh off their OLL championship campaign, the Oklahoma City Trash Pandas have sent David Price and the newly-extended Ken Giles north to Cleveland in exchange for prospects Braden Shewmake, Brailyn Marquez and Sal Stewart.

“We loved what David brought to the table all season - frankly, we were concerned by his contract status when we arrived but he earned every penny of his 2020 salary in the postseason alone. He was a big part of our success this year, carrying the staff early on in the season as Aaron [Nola] got his feet underneath him. But we’re excited about the young arms coming up from Knoxville, and there were going to be less innings to go around by the end of his deal. We wish him well in Cleveland and hope that he finds success with the Rough Riders.”

“Giles was a great late addition for us to deepen our pen, though most of our players avoided him for the last month of the season once he started ranting about politics midway through a mound visit from Willians. We discussed the sign-and-trade option with him and while he wasn’t thrilled about it, he liked that idea more than going onto the open market as a 30-year old reliever with the character defect of being disliked by his own mother.”

“We think the new Kits will be great additions to our system, and we looks to see them all in Trash Panda uniforms in the coming seasons. We also look forward to reinvesting the financial savings from moving David and Ken back into the team this offseason.”

VP of Baseball Operations Sean Tuxill fielded questions after making this statement, but mostly discussed how much he had enjoyed the previous season before yielding the podium to GM and Head of Player Development Kevin Hoffman. Hoffman proceeded to work himself into a frenzy of excitement while commenting on six other trades that he was considering, before excusing himself to clean up the strong nosebleed he had gotten midway through a soliloquy regarding “a five team, 18-player deal.”

4 Likes

Some notes from the Commissioner’s Office:

• Mesa is retaining the services of @tuggernuts for the 2021 season.
  • Rochester will have an AI/CPU GM. We are actively seeking a human replacement GM for the Revolution
  • Our sim schedule will be slowed to accommodate arbitration and free agency. The plan is as follows:
  1. CPU takes over Rochester immediately
  2. Tonight we will sim to the morning of Nov 4, the day of arbitration hearings
  3. Friday we will sim to morning of Nov. 7, the day after free agency filings
  4. The free agency period will begin around 8p ET this Friday May 22
  5. Starting Saturday, we will sim 2 days forward for a week, putting us at Nov 21 next Friday May 29
  6. Next week we will discuss how to handle the Winter Meetings, which begin Nov 23 in-game and should begin around Sunday May 31 in real life.

Please reach out directly if you have any questions or concerns.

4 Likes

Riders Make Another Move

Just hours after acquiring David Price and Ken Giles, boosting their team to 73 win status, the Cleveland Rough Riders have made a second move, this time acquiring Mike Foltynewicz, Gunnar Henderson, and Allen Broyles from Baltimore for David Parkinson.

“We think Gunnar is a pretty cool name for a baseball player,” said GM Chad Young. "And remember how Folty had that one good year? I mean, he could do it again, right? Plus, Broyles is a player we have totally heard of.

“Besides, Baltimore’s GM really wanted to make a deal. He was going through withdrawal. It was kinda scary, and I just hope he gets the help he needs.”

2 Likes

Assistant GM Ben Cherington confirms the deal, saying “David is fine, contrary to reports. He has a reason for doing things; sometimes I think it’s random and all in his head.”

2 Likes

with the AGM forced to handle statements and public experiences in Baltimore, there are questions about the well-being of GM David Gagnon. You won’t believe what we found out when we looked into it. Next, on TMZ.

3 Likes

The New Orleans Simules are pleased to announce a trade with the Nashville Nightcaps.

The Caps send highly touted middle infield prospect Xavier Edwards to New Orleans for Craig Kimbrel. New Orleans retains 15 per cent of Kimbrel’s salary ($900k).

“We wish Craig luck and want him to go get a ring in Nashville. This signals the start of a new phase in New Orleans where we look to retool a little bit and get the organization on a solid path forward.” Simules manager MikeLikesBaseball said.

@jacochri to confirm.

Nashville confirms

Trade Alert:

Baltimore sends OF Tim Tawa, OF Bradley Zimmer, and P Zack Brown to Memphis in exchange for P Grant Dayton. In other news, GM David Gagnon has resurfaced; witnesses say that saw him writing ‘Lefty’ repeated on his upstairs window.

Kiermaier just signed for $90MM over 6. Lorenzo Cain is officially on the trade block with a same/similar rating (depending on your scout - mine sees them the same overall) with 4 years, $13MM on his contract. Anyone who was looking at kiermaier as a FA and now has to move on, you know where to find me!