Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, Offseason 2020-21

Nashville Trade Block Update:

Christian Arroyo
Richard Urena
Grayson Rodriguez (only looking to move him in a deal for a significant upgrade for my team)
Riley Cornelio
Tristan Fry

My main goal is to move a few of these players for a significant starting pitching upgrade

Cleveland Makes Owner Happy

Continuing a rash of recent trades, the Cleveland Rough Riders made the difficult decision to trade away starting SS Mariekson Gregorius, along with DH Seth Beer to the Charlotte Carp Steamers for OF Michael Conforto and SP Sixto Sanchez. Cleveland will be retaining 20% of Didi’s salary.

“Didi was a key cog on our 2020 team, and you hate to trade a guy who was a key cog on a team that sucked, but this was too good of an opportunity,” said GM Chad Young. “Plus, our owner told us to acquire a power hitter but never defined what the hell that means so, hey, Steve, is 70 HR Power good? Does that get this done? Huh??”

When asked if he thought it was a good idea to bicker with his owner via the media, he stated, “Oh, just some good natured fun,” but was heard to mumble, “fuck that billionaire, maybe he should start doing more for others instead of being such a greedy ass” as he walked away.

@Henry.Woodbury to confirm

6 Likes

Charlotte GM Henry Woodbury confirms that the Carp Streamers have traded fan favorite Michael Conforto and top pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez for Didi Gregorious, Seth Beer and financial flexibility.

“I looked up and down this organization and we had no shortstops,” said Woodbury. “Now we have a shortstop. And that Beer kid. Fans are going to love him. We already have promotions in the works for Beer Carp Beer.”

2 Likes

Baltimore Shake-Up Continues

Today, Baltimore announced a swap with Charlotte of C Tommy Murphy and top 2B prospect Nick Gonzales for C Willson Contreras. Baltimore GM Gagnon said, “After a bunch of non-traditional trades, it was time to get back to basics here. Catcher was clearly a place we could upgrade, and the fans seem to really like this move. Nick Gonzales is a really good kid; I am sad to see him go.”

Ben Cherington wasn’t present at the announcement but apparently took out a full-page ad in the Baltimore Sun with his photo and the quote, I am happy, healthy, and alive.

2 Likes

In Charlotte, fans are aghast as the team trades a second star player. The Charlotte front office clearly prizes Tom Murphy’s defense and believes his ability to handle pitchers is their ticket to many happy years of contention.

Prospect Nick Gonzalez should start the 2021 season at AAA Madison, but management says to not be surprised to see him in Koinobori Park before the season is over.

2 Likes

Baltimore is looking to add one more reliever and an OF that hits lefties fairly well before the deadline tonight. Not necessarily looking for someone elite, just someone to fill roles. If you’re trying to decide on a non-tender or have a guy that doesn’t fit your plans or budget, I’d love to have a chat.

Guys, Justin Verlander remains available.

I am willing to subsidize his deal to the tune of an additional 50 per cent beyond the 15 percent subsidization afforded by CLE. He’d cost you $7.35m this year at that rate. His second year is vesting, so there is a little bit of a fail safe worked into his contract.

Also on the block:
Ryan Pressly (2YRS, @ $6M PER)
DJ Lemayhieu (3YRS @ $20M PER)
Paul Goldschmidt (3YRS @ $19M/$16M/$16M[t])
Marcus Semien (7YRS @ $20M/$22M/$24M/$26M/$28M/$30M[t]/$32M[t])
Matt Carpenter (1YR @ $1.5M)
Hunter Renfroe (3 yrs, arb eligible)

Trade alert:

Baltimore sends SS Niko Goodrum and P Keegan Akin to Denver in exchange for P Hector Neris.

1 Like

Denver confirms.

2 Likes

Ok! Save file is up to 11/7/20, and players have filed for free agency. League website is updated.

1 Like

Love this:

2 Likes

Guys, trade talks are near complete on Verlander. Last call.

I expect to finish this tonight.

Due to an extremely esoteric bug related to min salary players being in DFA when FA filing happens, Niko Goodrum was incorrectly put in the FA pool instead of on Denver at a $611k contract (arb eligible starting in 2022). This has been resolved in the master league file, Goodrum is back on Denver.

Next season I won’t process trades leading up to the arb filing date and through the FA filing deadline, because I think that confuses OOTP.

Please make sure to check if any players on your roster are currently DFA and put them somewhere in your org if they are.

1 Like

There is a new league save file up with Niko Goodrum on Denver. If you exported or deeply care about Niko Goodrum being on Denver, feel free to download it. You won’t be affected if you don’t download it.

Tomorrow night we will sim 2 days, to 11/9.

Nico Goodrum’s agent just called and was ranting and raving about threatening a lawsuit against the Commissioner of the OLL for “defamation by withering sarcasm.” Just thought you should know, Niv. Time to lawyer up possibly.

1 Like

Anyone have any ideas on how this big free agency period works? By that I mean do players decide on offers with each sim that is run and it could go super fast – i.e. if you don’t get offers in before this first sim then a lot of players could already be gone? Or is there a window of time to make offers before the players make decisions?

Everyone in Slack (@koalastorm, @walt526, others) suggests that players will not make decisions within 2 days.

1 Like

Question from @kevinahof about when we can trade draft picks. Answer is: you can’t trade draft picks. It has been disabled.

Was actually a poorly phrased inquiry into trading our recently drafted players. Been informed that we can do that starting two days after the end of the World Series, so our 2020 picks are now available for trade. Thanks all!

1 Like