Ottoneu Lockdown League Thread, Spring Training 2020

Our next sim will be to March 30, which is before Opening Day. OOTP has a separate Spring Training roster and 40-man roster, and I don’t think you have to turn your ST roster into your major league team’s roster but maybe someone with more experience can correct me on that.

I plan on just seeing where my roster is on March 30 and going from there.

1 Like

You do in fact have to manually trim your ST roster down to 26. It doesn’t restore your previous active roster.

2 Likes

Will we be fine doing this on March 30, after ST ends and before Opening Day?

Yes, definitely. There might be ways to have your assistant GM do it? I’ve never used those options.

2 Likes

Home > Transactions > Actions > Ask AI to set up entire Org, lineups, etc.

This will sort your entire system, you can then make adjustments from there.
*It can’t be undone in that if you’re 40 man roster is full it might DFA someone without options left.

Another tip for in season: if you adjust your lineups this helps:

Actions> Generate Depth Charts Based on these Linups

hope this helps.

1 Like

Trade agreed to:

Isotopes send Matt Carpenter (retaining 80% of salary) to Baltimore in exchange for Kyle Freeland and Jordan Lawler.

Albuquerque’s AGM hates the deal, but Matt was unhappy after being told he didn’t have regular playing time behind Cruz, Andujar, and Voit and subsequently placed on the trade block.

2 Likes

The Archers confirm and promise Matt a solid lineup spot

2 Likes

Spring Training is now over. New league save file is up and the league website has been updated.

Please try and put together your roster for Opening Day. We will do our next sim on Saturday at 8pm ET, so everyone has 2 days to get everything in order for Opening Day.

I’m not seeing an opening day roster yet. I think we have to sim to Opening day, so one more day.

Ok, I’ll try and do that now.

1 Like

It’s now Opening Day. League save file has been uploaded and the league website has been updated. In-game it should say April 1, 2020.

1 Like

Apparently we’re playing with 25-man active rosters?

Yeah, guess so.

My owner reminds me today that I must “at least make the playoffs” with the Simules, so please feel free to send over your pricey vets with salaries off the book for my prospects. Gotta hit those goals, or else I’ll get fired with no other teams to take over in the universe!

2 Likes

I seem to be having some difficulty with players signed to minor league contracts with major league options. Typically you have 30 days of season time to call up that player or they can opt to become a free agent. In my case, players such as Adam Morgan and Sam Wolff are now being paid as if I called them up, even though they never hit my Spring Training roster, nor my 40-man. Anyone else experiencing this bug?

Same thing with Biagini, Pence, and Stanek in OKC

I have no idea on that one. There are aspects of contracts that I still haven’t quite mastered.

If you haven’t looked at the players page > Contract. maybe there is a clue there.

Niv, I don’t know about the online leagues like this, but you may be able to go into Game Settings and still set a 26man roster.

@OttoneuOOTP21

If everyone who has made changes sends out an export tonight at 8pm, I can create a new league save file that won’t move the calendar forward but will have a 26-man active roster instead of 25. You can then download the new league save file and fill in the 26th slot before Opening Day tomorrow.

I am not sure how to proceed with regards to the MLB options being picked up for every single player who had a minor league deal with a major league option. @MikeLikesBaseball very kindly posted a complete bug report to the OOTP forums, and I encourage everyone affected by this issue to follow up there. The devs definitely pay attention to forum threads that have more traffic and posts on them (sound familiar?).

2 Likes

It turns out as commissioner I can change contracts from Major League to Minor League with a MLB option.

If you have players on your roster that incorrectly had their option picked up, please post the complete list to this thread. I’ll update them in game so instead of having a major league contract they will have a minor league contract with the same guarantee as before. The new league save file tonight should reflect those changes and allow everyone to get their rosters in order before tomorrow’s Opening Day.

now the hard part is remembering if i offered one of these contracts to anyone…