P-F Cuts in Current Owners Tab

What does ‘P-F Cuts’ stand for in the ‘Current Owners’ tab within ‘Commissioner Tools’? What does checking the boxes under the header do?

Never used it. Email Niv he gets right back to u. Let me know tho I am interested. All the guys I started with are still in the league. Do u need to fill out those two other spots?

When a team is transferred to a new owner, that owner gets 1 round of penalty-free cuts. This column shows you if the current owner has used their penalty-free cuts or not, and allows commissioners to grant a round of penalty-free cuts when it makes sense.

Thanks, that makes sense.

1 Like

Do the players cut during PF cuts go on waivers for other teams to claim or straight to FA and require an auction to be started? Additionally, can the team that let the player go during PF cuts bid on the player at auction without the normal 30 day waiting period?

1. Straight to FA pool, no waivers.
  2. The team that let the player go cannot bid on the player, unless there was a draft in between when they cut the player and when they were trying to reacquire the player (i.e. Keeper Deadline cuts)
1 Like

Just claimed a team during the arb period. Will I get my free round of cuts once this period is over and regular cuts can resume?

All cuts are penalty-free until the keeper deadline. I recommend not making any cuts and trying to trade players until closer to the keeper deadline, which is January 31.

1 Like

We have a situation where a team made cuts before the deadline and we have not drafted yet. That team then transferred owners. Some people think the new owners is entitled to PF cuts via rule V.i. However other owners feel since reasonable cuts were made, and we have not drafted yet, that too much of an advantage had been created by knowing the current full free agent list, and the other teams cap spaces. Even if the new round of PF cuts was not very significant. What are your thoughts? Should there be separate rules for PF cuts made in between the deadline and draft as opposed to the regular season?

1 Like

I think a new owner is already taking on a roster that is suboptimal (from new owner’s perspective) and so should receive P-F cuts. New owner can’t pick up cuts the old owner made, so it is pretty fair.

9 Likes

IMHO, any time there is a change in owner, they should have the option to one round of PF cuts. It is a very small advantage to knowing what the player pool available for auction will be.

8 Likes

I agree with William that anytime someone joins they should get a free round of cuts. Yes they get a slight advantage by knowing what is out there already but that is negated by them missing the entire trading season in my opinion.

8 Likes

Let him make the cuts. Also, some leagues allow the new owner to take back some of the cuts made by previous owner.

3 Likes

You have to allow the cuts. Do you really want to welcome a new member to the league by allowing the existing members to strong-arm that person into a roster situation they don’t want?

3 Likes

I don’t see the harm in reversing the cuts…

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone, the league almost entirely supported the PF cuts and they were allowed.

2 Likes