When do Expired Teams become available to the public

Quick question on expired teams…I am the commissioner of a league and we have one team that shows they have not renewed by the 1/31 date. However, they are still in the league (which is fine, I think they are just late to renewing). At what point will the system drop that owner and the team will become open?

Thanks

Good question!

There is a grace period for 10 days after the keeper deadline, where only the original owner of the team can renew it for the season. After this grace period expires, those teams will be marked as fully expired and be made available on the Claim Teams page. Once that happens, I’ll go in and manually remove any whole leagues that have disbanded, leaving just the teams in active leagues.

Issue I am having is the 3 owners are no longer responding even though they had said they wanted to stay in the league and are logging in everyday. Can I force through a abandon team so I can find new owners ASAP?

Also 2 of these owners seem to be holding up other leagues as well…

I believe you can do this in Commish Tools. Let me know if not.

Will let you know… have sent them messages via email and Ottoneu that they have 24 hours to let me know what there intentions are

Thanks Niv!

1 Like

We had a team expire this morning 3/4. This kind of surprised me this far after 1/31. League 355.

You can track what expiration dates are for each team in Commissioner Tools. That date can happen because of how people renewed before we changed to a standard renewal date before last season, but it should not be an issue going forward.

OK, I’m not the commish but I’ll let him know.

1 Like

This season the renewal deadline and keeper deadline are not coupled, so I want to be clear that teams that are not renewed become available 10 days from the renewal deadline (yesterday), not 10 days from the February 15, 2022 keeper deadline.

Five days between the final renewal deadline and the keeper deadline is tight. Could this be a concern or is it just me?

You don’t have to wait the 10 days to abandon teams or find replacements if a manager is unresponsive.

In terms of the free round of cuts that a new owner gets when they take over the team, do they still get that even if they take over before the keeper deadline?

For example, say Bob doesn’t renew and Jim takes over the team on February 14th. Jim fails to get his cuts in before Feb 15th end. Does Jim still get a round of penalty free cuts after the deadline? Or would the commish have to do them manually at that point?

The P-F cuts are only given automatically by the system to teams claimed after the keeper deadline.

Commissioners can very trivially give any team P-F cuts at any time by checking the P-F box on the Current Managers screen.

1 Like